Help!! Calling My Ccer Friends, Quince Cake

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 1:26am by 2txmedics

2txmedics Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

ok, dont know if Ive posted this before or not. But here it goes. Im doing a quince on april 11th. The man doesnt want alot of cake for his daugs. quince...said it would be a waste...to feed only 50-60!!!!

He wants me to make the cake look HUGE...because its going to be the big thing at her party. How in the hecik do I do this? I had thought making a tiara, raised up high center on a stand, then maybe a slipper...??? and then 2 6" cakes, and a 8"

Anyone have any ideas how to make this look grand??? Im new so be gentle in the makings...lol
Also I did my first tiara per my friend I meet in person from Cc...but miine wont sparkle after luster dust...HELP...
thanks!!!!

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 6

Multiple # of 6" rounds icon_smile.gif Maybe two 6"ers and an 8"?
Otherwise use dummy cake *IF* he is willing to pay the cost......priced the same as a real cake - or very, very close like 25 cents per serving less.....and you get the dummies back icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

You can't make a cake feeding 50 people look huge. That's a small cake.

If he wants a huge cake (real cake or dummy cakes), then he needs to pony up the money and order a huge cake!

You could put something under the cake to elevate it (like a 6" styrofoam round, placed underneath the tablecloth) and you could use really tall pillars between the tiers, but at some point it's going to just look ridiculous.

indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 6

What CakePro said. Period.

2txmedics Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 6

And thats what I told him!!!! That the cake will look the same, but the best I could do would be fix the display and lay it out alittle...like I said a tiara, a slipper...maybe a picture of his daug in her dress...tulle, greenery...but there is only so much I can do without it looking like there isnt any cake at all.

Its gonna be a tough one, as he doesnt want to have to pay more than he has too either.

2txmedics Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 6

Ok...Ive racked and racked my brain on this...this is what I came up with...please tell me what you all think...you know he wants the cake, cake table to look wonderful and big!!!! *close your eyes and picture*

So what if I go ahead and do the tiara and slipper, put them on a cake stand seperate to give that princess theme...on each side of something like this....see picture.

I get the foam, cover it in a glittery pink or shiney white..then I attach ribbon also with sparkle to the foam as back ground but swirling out, and then attach the cake balls, let the ribbon swirl onto the table, with tulle and lights...???? He said cake for 50.-60...so If I make like maybe 11-120 balls...to give that grand appearance???
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%