Bridal Show Coordinator Not Returning My Call - What To Do?

Business By SugaredUp Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm by __Jamie__

SugaredUp Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all,

This bridal show coordinator hounded me 24/7 until the minute I gave her my f***ing credit card number, now I haven't heard from her. I have a week and a half until the show and have some questions, as her pamphlet isn't very informative. I haven't heard from her since Saturday, when she promised to call me with a confirmation/registration number for the show on Monday (today). I had called her Monday of last week, and it took 4 days to get a returned phone call from her. Now I want to order my signage, but I need to know the height of the tables. She is supposed to contact me today with the registration number. I already tried calling her twice and left her a message, no phone call yet. I'm getting a bad feeling. I'm tempted to call one of the other bakeries that she said is supposedly participating to ask them if they are having this problem. I only have a few opportunities to get these things done before the show, and she is not cooperating!

Is this normal, or should I be mad (because I am mad).

7 replies
sweetcakes Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 8

no, this dont sound right. Do you know the location of the show, can you call them to find out details of the actual onsite stuff. and while you talk to them see if they have a number and email for the coordinator. She needs to send you a receipt and normally they will send a couple of show flyers for you to place in your business. perhaps you could call from another number to see if there are any vendors spots left, pretending to want a space, i bet you will get a return call pretty quick.

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 8

Sounds like you got scammed big time....I hope that's not the case, hope I'm wrong.

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 8

Have you met this woman before? Actually spoken to she legit??

cakesbycathy Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 8

I would leave another message for her stating something along the lines that if she does not return your call within 24 hours you will be contacting your credit card company and disputing the charges. Bet that gets her attention.

She is being completely unprofessional. I'd be a little concerned that you were getting scammed, too. I hope that is not the case.

leah_s Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 8

I'd totally contact another vendor who is exhibiting. You can never guess how much good info you can find out.

SugaredUp Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 8

Leahs, I did contact one of the other vendors yesterday finally and also contacted the hotel myself to confirm a show is actually going! It is going, thankfully. I guess these people are just very slow to return phone calls. I was logged onto my email yesterday through Yahoo, and I got an IM from the coordinator. This was around 10:00 p.m.! So frustrating!

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 8

Oh glad to hear that wasn't a scam! I actually got the "chris wed veronica" or whatever it said email scam the other day. I soooooo wanted to play it out, but didn't want to get any worms or viruses downloaded to my computer. I can't believe anyone falls for that crap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%