Decorating By CAKEtankerous Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm by CAKEtankerous

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 14

I'm having the hardest time downloading an avatar. I've tried adjusting the photo time and time again to the size it says it has to be and it still won't download. Just not getting it. Help! Is it me or the site???

13 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 14

This site resizes photos and also has an avatar making feature:

www.shrinkpictures.com

Your avatar has both size and density restrictions:

Its width can be no greater than 110 pixels, the height no greater than 110 pixels, AND the file size no more than 6 KB.

HTH

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 14

Nevermind your avatar...I loves me your screenname! Cantankerous cakers unite! Lolololol!

JamieBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieBrooke Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 14

i am so glad that someone posted this. I have been trying to do the same with a photo and never was able to. I just never put in a post, thought I was the only one haveing trouble. Thank you Caketankerous for making this issue known, and thanks for the reply to help JanH. thumbs_up.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks a bunch JanH. Hopefully, I can finally use the avatar I wanted to use when I registered. I tried it - let's see if it worked.

edited to add: YAY ME!!! My Party Hamster is much more suitable than my Mona vanGogh was.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

Thanks a bunch JanH. Hopefully, I can finally use the avatar I wanted to use when I registered. I tried it - let's see if it worked.

edited to add: YAY ME!!! My Party Hamster is much more suitable than my Mona vanGogh was.

I was just getting used to the other one. It'll take me forever to get used to the party hamster. icon_smile.gif

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 14

CAKEtankerous thank you so much for asking this question and Jan thank you so much for your answer.

I have not been able to get my pictures small enough either. I just used the link you supplied and CC finally accepted my picture. I hope it turns out good in this post.

JanH Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 14

Holy Moly, what great avatars! icon_biggrin.gif SO glad it worked well for you! thumbs_up.gif

I also required help when I wanted to start using different avatars (something more personal than the smiley faces provided by CC). icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 14

It worked! At last I have an avatar. Thanks, all!!

CAKEtankerous Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:49pm
post #10 of 14

Just got in and read the posts from everyone. Just joined this site last week but i'm hooked already. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I working on the avatar, but i swear i think i'm as dense as some of the cake recipes i've come across. Thanks Jan for the site address icon_wink.gif

CAKEtankerous Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Nevermind your avatar...I loves me your screenname! Cantankerous cakers unite! Lolololol!

hehehe thanks Jamie; I agree all us cantankerous cakers need to unite. Just read all the posts and am going to keep on working on it till I get it though. hopefully i'll have it shortly. thumbs_up.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:55pm
post #12 of 14

Oh, you're not dense. I tried compressing my pictures six ways from Sunday so I could load an avatar, and I just couldn't make it work, either!

JanH Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:54am
post #13 of 14

Let's see if I can add attachments (which I couldn't do in email):

You can now "right click" your mouse to save these photos to your computer. Then go to CC "my forum info" page and let CC use either of these for your avatar.

You can try both, and see which one works better for you.

HTH
LL
LL

CAKEtankerous Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Oh, you're not dense. I tried compressing my pictures six ways from Sunday so I could load an avatar, and I just couldn't make it work, either!

Awwww thanks Ruth. Yours is really cute. But thanks to Jan, I finally got mine on. NowI can work on the trivial stuff like my cakes and decorating. hehehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%