Congratulations On Wedding Cake?

Decorating By wildflower Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 11:29pm by wildflower

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 8

hi guys
i was wondering if anyone has ever written congratulations + couples name on a stacked wedding cake and if u did,then how and what did u use?
ive personally never seen a stacked wedding cake with any sort of congratulations on it and so i am searching the galleries and forums endlessly but im hoping that if one of you guys have that you could attach a picture and instructions?
my next potential wedding cake customer wants me to write that and i tried to talk him out of it but hes adamant that he does want it and so now i would like to find a way to do this and still keep the cake elegant and classy
i was thinking maybe it would be possible with a gumpaste plaque or something but again ive never made one
please help with any advice or tips!
thanks in adavance!

7 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 8

Yep, I'd go with gumpaste plaque (or just a circle of fondant stuck to the side of the cake for the plaque effect) on the side or as the topper. Or perhaps you could write it on the cake board?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 8

Unless it's structurally not possible, I tend to do it the way the paying client wants it done.

wildflower Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 8

he left it up to me saying i could do whatever looks the nicest just as long as its written somewhere on the cake "congratulations so &so"

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Oh! That's pretty cool of him! In that case, I like Kory's idea.

wildflower Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 8

i was thinking the same,i figure any other way would take away from the overall elegance a wedding cake should have
just to be sure,i would cut out a fondant square or circle and let that dry and then what would be best,writing on the plaque directly with icing or transfering a font onto it somehow?[ps,wat is the best way to do that?]
sorry for all the questions,just that this is for my cuzins freind and i dont want to screw it up!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 8

You would not need to let it dry unless you want to stand it up on the top (or in a center separation)........unless you dry it on a curve the same size as the cake it is going on.
If you want to transfer a font pipe it on parchment *in reverse - backwards then apply to the plaque.

wildflower Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:29pm
post #8 of 8

thank you so much!icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%