Cake Design Opinion

Decorating By sweet1122 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 4:59am by juleebug

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:45am
post #1 of 3

My 4 year old wants a pirate ship cake for his birthday. I'm debating between using the Wilton pan along with the pirate boy pan or doing a 3D stacked/carved pirate ship cake. Obviously the Wilton pans would be much easier, but I want it to be the most impressive cake possible, if that makes any sense..?

Thanks for the opinions!

2 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #2 of 3

I would do whichever one would give me the most practice for future paid cakes. It's a great opportunity to try out techniques before you're under the gun to produce a perfect product for a paying customer.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:59am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet1122

My 4 year old wants a pirate ship cake for his birthday. I'm debating between using the Wilton pan along with the pirate boy pan or doing a 3D stacked/carved pirate ship cake. Obviously the Wilton pans would be much easier, but I want it to be the most impressive cake possible, if that makes any sense..?

Thanks for the opinions!

For a 4 year old, I would use the Wilton pans. I did custom, carved cakes for my son every year until his 6th b-day, when I used the Wilton Superman pan. I felt so guilty. I was really beating myself up over it. I mean, after all, what kind of Mom would use a... icon_surprised.gif Wilton pan for her son's birthday?

Well, guess what? He DID NOT notice the difference! And all his friends (and their parents) thought his cake was cool.

So, save yourself some time and stress and use the Wiltons. You will be more relaxed and better able to enjoy his day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%