How Do I Get My Bc Icing Reallllly Smooth Like A Prof Bakery

Decorating By ShelliBean Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 10:43am by dolphindreamers

ShelliBean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelliBean Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:51am
post #1 of 10

How do I get my BC icing really smooth like the professional bakeries... The lady that makes our family cakes always has the icing SO SMOOTH, and it's BC, because the fondant looks so pretty but it doesnt taste as goos as the BC. Any tips would be GREAT!! Shelli

9 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 10

here are my tips: ( i do not sift)

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:09am
post #3 of 10

ha is interesting is that they usually take icing from a bucket and it is smooth in about a minute. And it is usually a non crusting recipe. I wonder how they do it? I do like soft icings but you cannot use Viva on them.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:02am
post #4 of 10

Sugarshacks Bc is awesome.. watch the video.

It turns out great !

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #5 of 10

Practice. I use IMBC. It does not crust. I use a plastic bowl I use a plastic bowl scraper to smooth the icing. It takes practice, practice, practice. I can now smooth a cake very quickly, but that is after working at a bakery for over a year and icing 40+ cakes a day. There really is no substitute for lots of practice!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 10

if you can mix the icing a day in advance...then remix it SLOW the next day...that usually makes it silky smooth...i usually don't have time to do this anymore.

an icing tip is useful too...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #7 of 10

Sugarshack video is great. I am a strictly SMBC user, and I can use SS method until the computer paper and Viva towels. It does take practice though, for sure. A lot. I have room for improvement, and probably always will! icon_smile.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #9 of 10

The way I make my icing, and with my ingredients, I can make a batch, cover tightly with plastic wrap and cover and store for a week or 2 or even freeze. when I am ready to use it, it is as smooth as silk and airless as the moment I made it. NO need to rewhip. look here for a pic of soome made way ahead and not rewhipped:

dolphindreamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphindreamers Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:43am
post #10 of 10

I just simply make a batch of icing that will be sure to cover the paddle attachment on my kitchen aid mixer. It always comes out smooth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%