Sugar Bottle Mold Using Silicone Plastique???

Decorating By Moofiebonbon Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 3:29pm by Molly2

Moofiebonbon Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 2

I am wondering if anyone has used Silicone Plastique to make a mold for the sugar bottles. I have made one with the paint on latex and I was not too thrilled with the results. It worked, just seemed to be a pain in the butt getting the mold off from the sugar bottle, with a couple breaking. I want to order the Silicone Plastique, and I am wondering if someone who has done it can help answer some questions. 1) How much (pounds) would I need to make 2 halves to create a whole bottle? 2) Is it possible to create 2 halves to make a whole? Or would I mold the entire bottle then cut it into halves to remove glass bottle from mold, and when making two halves, will rubber bands hold together the mold solid enough to pour a bottle without leaking sugar? 3) Does the sugar bottle pop out of the plastique with ease, or will there be a trick to it?
Sorry for all of the questions, I have done many searches without luck and hope someone is able to help me. Like I said I have made the latex mold and although it worked, I cut my hands on the sharp sugar and put a serious beating on my fingers pulling the mold off so I am seeking an easier way!
Thanks so much!

1 reply
Molly2 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 2

I'm not sure about the product your asking about I to have questions about how to do this and I have looked at different ways of making the mold Yesterday someone posted these instructions and I'm thinking of trying

I hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%