Ideas For A Science Fair Project?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 9

This is a tough one.
My daughter is doing ultrasounds for her science fair and i'd love to make cookies to go with the theme to get more people to come to her table icon_wink.gif
I'd love to hear any creative ideas from all you cookie mavens.
Thanks!!

8 replies
HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 9

Wow, that is random! But in a good way of course. icon_lol.gif

My first idea was an ultrasound for a pregnancy and I thought of a square cookie with a white border around it with the patients name and number and all of that stuff written in black, and then a dark background with a grayish blobby baby. I don't know what kind of equipment the US uses if you could make anything like that. Good luck to you!

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 2:06am
post #3 of 9

I don't know if this would help, but Ultra Sounds look for problems with the kidneys, liver, stomach. Almost anything in the chest and abdomen.
These aren't too hard to draw, and could easily be made out of fondant. These, and the baby would tie in with the US..... icon_rolleyes.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the replies.

What's annoying is that one of the choices she had to choose from was what does baking powder do? Like hello icon_surprised.gif .....that's my specialty icon_smile.gif and there's soooo much i could've done with her to make it pop out over anyone else's table!! But no, she had to choose this......... icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm not that artistic so i'd need something that's not as intricate in design. Also cuz i want to make a bunch of them for my daughter to give out.
She is concentrating on pregnancy ultrasounds for her project.

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 9

You know, to do cookies like US they would be boringly black, grey and white.

If these are surprises to do along with her project you could do cookies that reveal what an US is, cookies of babies (maybe the footprints, some blue, some pink), eyeglasses, camaras, etc. So, "for a look at babies before they are born, the only safe way to get their picture is with US. "

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:43pm
post #6 of 9

i think just some squares to look like a photo with a black and white "photo" of a baby face or hand or foot. i wouldn't think it would have to look like a real ultrsound pic.

luv2bake6 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 9

Hmmm, footprints sound easy and fast. Definately a good choice. Thanks MBHazel!!

kneadacookie, that's a really good idea too. How would i do this? I'm not artistic in the least bit.

Thanks guys, i'm starting to feel good about this!! She's gonna be sooo happy and proud of her project.
I love this forum!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 9

i would jsut do a square. use a large outline in dark grey, draw a footprint in dark grey in the center and fill in the rest with a medium to light grey

luv2bake6 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 9

I think i have a small footprint cake stamp that i could use for the middle of the cookie.
How do i make gray color? Should i add a little black to the royal icing and make it different shades? I really don't want to buy any as i don't use that color much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%