Need Help With Martha's Wedgewood Wedding Cake

Decorating By SandyS Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm by SandyS

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 5

I am not sure what size to make the different tiers? Has anyone made this cake and any advice? Also the embroidery on the cake has anyone found a template or am I on my own?
Thanks,
Sandy

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 5

Her Wedgewood cake was on the cover of the Spring 2000 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. Inside, it has some great instructions for baking/reproducing it....though no templates for patterns I can find. icon_sad.gif

It says it's made up of...

one 6" x 3" cake tier
two 9" x 2" cake tiers
one 12" x 2" cake tier
two 16" x 2" cake tiers
one 20" x 3" Styrofoam cake tier

To feed 310 servings.

If you would like me to scan the two pages of info though, just PM me your email address and I'll send them to you asap? icon_smile.gif
LL

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #3 of 5

I made a version of this cake last fall. I scaled it down, and just "guessed" at how do replicate the designs. That brush embroidery took a while for me to do, and I would suggest a template if possible for the outline, mine were not as identical as I would have liked them to be.

I would love to have the REAL instructions too, if you wouldn't mind sending them to me!!

It makes a gorgeous cake, got lots of compliments on it. (the bride wanted hers in champagne and ivory insead of blue and white)

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 5

I can send them to you Loucinda, but I need you to PM me an email address. The scanned pages are way too large to add as attachments in our private messages here on CC.

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the information. I would love the information in the magazine if you don't mind. I have her book but of course no instructions ouch.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%