Another Sps Question??

Decorating By ranbel Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm by sillywabbitz

ranbel Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 8

I am using the SPS for the first time in two weeks on a 4 tiered cake. My question is: After making the hole in the cardboard circle to fit in place on the plate, do you put a dab of icing on the plate to ensure the cake don't slide? Or is there other techniques that you use or do you use nothing at all??

7 replies
ranbel Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 8

anyone? icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 8

Not sure what anyone else would do but my feeling is go ahead.....it certainly could not hurticon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 8

nope, it's not necessary....the sps plates have a spike in the center that sticks up at least half an inch and that locks the board in place, unless you push on the side of the cardboard round with enough force to rip the cardboard circle that thing isn't going anywhere!

ranbel Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 8

ok, thanks alot.

Niliquely Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 8

icon_confused.gif Hey, I ordered some SPS from Global Sugar Art yesterday and I don't think it had the spikey thingy in the middle. Or does it and I just don't know it? I have never done SPS before, but I am doing my first stacked cake and after reading everything about it I wanted to try it. Leah recommended GSA as a site that sells it. Did I order the wrong stuff?

ranbel Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8

I don't recall if the pictures on the website showed the spikes or not, but mine have the little spikes. And, I also ordered mine from Global Sugar Art. Oh, and they ship really fast. I think I got mines within 5 days or less..

sillywabbitz Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 8

the first time I used my SPS I forgot to put a dan of icing on the plates. It worked fine but I do put icing on the plates to keep the cardboards from spinning around. I am pretty sure Leah's instructions say to do this as well. sPS is great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%