Gumpaste Glue

Decorating By GayeG Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm by GayeG

GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 5

I seem to always be making gumpaste glue for something and I just hate throwing things away .. it's the frugal-ness in me icon_wink.gif
I was wondering if I really need to? How long can I keep it? (covered of course) and does it need to be refridgerated??

TIA! Gaye

4 replies
weirkd Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

Depending on what your making, you do need it. But it can be kept in the fridge for long periods of time although I usually have mine in an emptied tylose jar and sitting on the counter until its used up. I use tylose and water and it never gets moldy or anything so I usually dont bother to refrigerate it. I keep the lid on it so it doesnt dry out though.

GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 5

Great Info! Though I meant do I really need to throw it away after each time using it!
So great to know I DONT need to pitch it .. and I will put it in the fridge - as Fl is always to humid to leave anything out! Thank you so much for your answer!!

weirkd Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 5

No problem! Maryland is pretty humid in the summer time also. But Ive never had any problems with leaving it out as long as the cap was on. When I would forget to put the cap on then it would dry out and you could literally peel it out of the container!!!

GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thats great to know! I was just worried it might sour it or something that would make it un-food safe! Thanx alot! Your a Gem!

Quote by @%username% on %date%