Black Edible Pearls On White Buttercream In Outside Wedding?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 11:55am by leah_s

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone used these on white buttercream? I was wondering if they got hot, would they run on the buttercream?

The wedding wll be in May and outside. Weather could be hot and/or humid.

I thought of using the black buttercream, then thought maybe black fondant dots, and then I got the edible pearl idea.

Any input,

Thanks for any info.

Vicki

6 replies
marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #2 of 7

I never used, sorry...

But I'm thinking, wouldn't the black pearls bleed into the white BC?

Maybe black gumpaste pearls?

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

I've done black border on White Butter cream. It will bleed onto the white. However If it is done in Gumpaste and fully dried. It will take longer to bleed. It will eventually, however I think you'll have a better chance with gumpaste then butter cream. You can see on my cake it's the one with the fountain under it. Just my input.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #4 of 7

i have piped black BC with no bleedig, but u can use black fondnat or gp for sure

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:26am
post #5 of 7

Thank you for your suggestions. I haven't used gumpaste, but it sounds like it has a better chance than fondant.

Thanks again,

Vicki

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:32am
post #6 of 7

thinking about it more ,as a matter of fact, i don't think either will bleed but GP does absorb grease from the BC and might get blotchy whereas fondant will not do so.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 11:55am
post #7 of 7

I made over 800 black pearls for a white wedding cake in January. The cake was inside. I'd suggest that you do a dry run to make sure you like the look. The happy couple liked it so much they teared up, but I didn't care for the look at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%