How To Make A Miniature Soccer Ball?!

Decorating By maddiseeyore Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm by maddiseeyore

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #1 of 6

I'm wondering if any of you experienced 'cakers' out there have any idea how I can make a teeny tiny soccer ball? It would only be about an inch in size as it will be under the foot of a gumpaste figure. Is there a mold out there I could use? Any other ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
maddiseeyore Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe no one knows.....hmmm. I'm totally stumped on how to do this. Maybe I could cut tiny hexagon shapes out of gumpaste and attach them to a dry gumpaste ball....but that sounds really labor intensive. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas...please help!
Jackie

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 6

What if you had the dry gumpaste ball, but make a couple in case you mess up, then take a black foodwriter pen and draw the shapes on? Cutting out the shapes would probably drive me to the brink of insanity! lol

maddiseeyore Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, that's a good idea! I will give it a try. Only concern is that I'm not very steady with drawing, especially in such a small thing! But I will sure give it a shot, making all the little shapes would probably make me nuts too!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

How about using a Lindt white chocolate truffle ball that you can then color using the decorating markers?

maddiseeyore Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 6

A truffle ball! What a good idea! Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%