Marshmallow Fondant

Decorating By morgansmommy Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm by morgansmommy

morgansmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgansmommy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 9

I have a question. I have seen alot of people making homemade marshmallow fondant directly on their table or counter. I was wondering does someone have another idea to lay the ingreidients down on? I mean I don't want grease all over my table or counter. Any ideas will help!! thanks
[email protected] icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 9

I use a silicone mat. The one I have is pretty large, 24 x 36 inches, so you can easily lay it on a counter or table. I love it! I ordered mine, but I think you can find silicone mats at places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond or a good cooking supply store should carry them.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 9

I knead mine on a silicone mat icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 9

Ditto on the silicone mat! I have 4! From large to extra small. LOVE THEM ALL!

Beth in KY

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 9

I kneaded mine on a cookie sheet with sides with hopes that it would also keep the powdered sugar tornado from getting everywhere! It worked ok, but didn't really keep the powdered sugar mess down.

morgansmommy Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:04am
post #6 of 9

Hey thanks you guys!! Never thought of that!! icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #7 of 9

I buy vinyl from Wal-Mart that is used for tablecloths. I use that on my counter for mixing fondant, rolling out fondant, etc. Very cheap.

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 9

I have a huge stainless steel bowl that I can mix it all in until it's a very kneadable consistency, then I knead in the rest of the sugar on 20 gauge vinyl from joann's (50% off coupon rocks!) and nothing sticks to that thing. It ends up costing me 4 bucks for the yard of it with the coupon. I roll everything out on it too.

morgansmommy Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 9

Hey that sounds a lot cheaper than the silicone mat. I'll check into that!! Thanks icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%