Help! Pricing Alert.......what Would You Charge!!

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm by liapsim

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 6

Sorry everyone. I know everybody in different areas charge different but I need some advice. I have had two people ask me what I would charge to make these cakes.

On the wedding cake: I can't figure out the sizes but I think I would need to make it 20-14-8 according to Earlene's chart....she needs it to feed 200.

TIA
LL
LL

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 6

On the TT - nothing less than $200 - depending on the size used.
On the sq wed cake.....those sure look like extra tall tiers (6'?)..... so you would figure the servings from a 4" tall tier, then add 1/2 that again. I would do something like 16 (128 serves), 12(72 serves), 8 (32) for a total of 232 if the tiers are only 4" tall. For price I suggest around $3-4 a serv.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 6

Do you always use Earlene's chart? The only reason I'm asking is because most caterers are going to cut using the Wilton chart.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 6

Let me add to that, if you're going to use Earlene's chart...you need to charge more for each slice because the slices are bigger than Wilton's. I hope that makes more sense.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 6

The scale on that weding cake could be fooling us..LOL more like a 12, 8 and 4 inch cake pans. Sometimes things look bigger then they are. And if you make it bigger and want the same look you would need to make each tier a layer taller.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 6

A little off subject here....please forgive me pattiscakesnc....but how do you make the wedding cake that square? the top is square, the sides are square....how do you do it????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%