Help W/ Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By campeli Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm by JenniferMI

campeli Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'm looking for instructions/tips on how to do chocolate transfers. If anyone can help or send me a link w/ directions that would be great!
Thanks, Lisa

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 7
JenniferMI Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

I do these ALL the time! LUV them! The designs are limitless.

Basically, what I do, is find a cartoon graphic on the net. Print it out, keep in mind, you will get an opposite direction picture in the final product. If say you had a face that on paper pointed to the right and you wanted it left in the final design you are good. If you want the final to point right, I put the design up to a window and trace it on the back of the paper, this will give you a flipped design. Then, I just take a pc. of acetate and tape it over the graphic. Pipe brown choc. on all the lines of the design inside and out. Then fill in with different colors of choc. I go over some of the colors (onto each other, you are working on the BACK of the design) just to reinforce the piece. Let dry, flip over and there is your very cool CHOCOLATE design! Customers love to hear the word chocolate! I'll post a cake so you can see icon_smile.gif They are soo sooo easy!

Hope this helps, if you have more questions, feel free to e-mail me. I'm working on a Scobbie Doo CT cake as I type....ok, Jen BACK to the cake icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif
LL

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 7

I've seen JenniferMI's demo on the chocolate transfers and I must say I'm inspired!! icon_lol.gif I also have the Whimiscal Bakehouse book which goes into that too -- a very hand reference!! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks BWB! They are are SO much fun to do! And, who doesn't like chcolate details??? Endless possibilities!

Jen icon_smile.gif

campeli Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much!!

JenniferMI Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 7

I forgot to say, I use Easter basket cellophane to make my bags to pipe the chocolate with. I go after Easter when they are about giving it away and stock up.

HTH!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%