These Cuppies Look Small

Decorating By jlynnw Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 11:38am by Melvira

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 21

I did some cupcakes for a friend and she loved them. I filled the cupcakes with bcand a light layer on the top and covered in a fondant disc. Some were polka dots, stripes and the like with a small loopie bow on top. She would like more for next weekend but not like the small ones from last time icon_confused.gif They were standard cuppies, not mini, not jumbo. What can I do to make them bigger? The can't have the bubble high top on them or the design won't work. Please help!

20 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 21

Did you put enough cake batter in the cupcake liner? Just trying to help!

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 21

I'm not sure but are the nut 'n party cups bigger than a regular cupcake? If not, you could make the jumbo cupcakes. Or you could bake a sheet cake and cut out circles. But that depends on just how good a friend she is! icon_wink.gif

HTH

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 21

If you get the nut cups from Michael's they are smaller than a standard cupcake. If she wants bigger cupcakes you are going to have to either use larger cupcake pans, or but the 4oz. nut cups. They are harder to find, and if you buy them online they come in massive amounts. If you are lucky, you may be able to find them at a restaurant supply store in smaller quantities. (That's how I get them. They didn't have them, but after I asked about them they 'magically' started carrying them!! WOO HOO!)

Anyway, if she wants bigger cupcakes you're going to have to explain her options. Make jumbos and she pays more, fill them fuller and they have a rounded top and don't look as pretty, or take them as they are. Unfortunately those are your basic choices.

jlynnw Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 21

thanks for the help, I am looking for 4 oz cups. I have never had anyone ever tell me they were small before. I made them so they are slightly puffed above the cup papers. they need to be flat for the design. I think she is just plain looney (birds of a feather). She is used to the big fat mousse on top and they do look bigger and there is more to them but you change the top and that changes everything. I thought about using the 3 inch pan (Silverwood??) that I have and cover the whole thing in fondant and she thought I was crazy to go to all that work for a littles party.

Melvira Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 21

Yah, Jlynn... anyone that ordered a cake from you would HAVE to be looney! Hahahaha. {hug}

jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #7 of 21

ok looneykins, I do appreciate your suggestions. I bet your customers would be looney to get an order from me, as my cakes are so intoxicatingly deeeeelissscceeeeeous

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #8 of 21

Oh man, you got me!!! thumbs_up.gif

jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:29am
post #9 of 21

watched jungle book, now I can't stop thinking about delicious in that evil snake like manner. Ok, back to cuppies, friend calls back and thinks maybe the cuppies would look better in minis. She now wants 120 minis with loopie bows on them, gumpaste loopie bows icon_eek.gif on 120 mini cuppies as the first looked small icon_confused.gif Phone is off the hook, no more email replies, not answering the door until Tuesday. I am gunna do something not nice. Maybe fork the yard!

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:40am
post #10 of 21

icon_eek.gif

Correct response: I'm sorry, I don't take orders from psychos!

icon_lol.gif

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:08am
post #11 of 21

Other than she is looney... and I wouldnt take an order from a looney person (been there done that... reaped the rewards of the aftermath)

I rememberd this set of beautiful cuppies I found... maybe to give you an idea for future sane orders.

It has great height and still an elegant "disc" on top.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakeboxsoc/3277301811/

jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:59pm
post #12 of 21

happy Birthday pinkbox party.gifbirthday.gifparty.gif Those cuppies might work, they are too pretty. almost even done in "the right" colors. I will try to show her those.

She is looney, but a friend. Everytime I make her something she gushes over with joy, even the one disaster cake. She thought that is was funny and cried with me until I laughed too. Good friend, just, a bit Melvy.

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #13 of 21

Oh no you d'int!!! "Melvira" has already become a verb... now you're using "Melvy" too?? Ok, I can live with that. However, just FYI, "Melvish" would probably be more appropriate. icon_lol.gif

Example:

"Hey, did you see that gorgeous diamond ring that the Queen was wearing?"

"Oh my gosh, yes!! It was SO Melvish!"

icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:52am
post #14 of 21

uhmm, no, Mrs. Baby Queen is goes like this

Honey, go change the diaper it is so Melvish icon_twisted.gif

Melvira Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:08am
post #15 of 21

No, you're confused obviously. I think you meant, "Oh my gosh, did you see that old lady in the Daisy Dukes and Halter top? She looks SOOO Jlynny!!" Hehehe. So mean! icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #16 of 21

now you are confused, that would be so redneck blubber fest icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #17 of 21

Oh shush and go back to your tiny, inferior little cupcakes! Hehehe.

jlynnw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #18 of 21

sorry, your confused again. That's that chain store bakery place, not mine! Is your oldtimers kicking in or what, Don't recall you being so confused all the time.

Melvira Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #19 of 21

Oldtimers!? Oldtimers?! How DARE you... you... who are you again? Oh... you sweet little girl... are you selling those nice cookies? I'll have two boxes!

jlynnw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #20 of 21

went totally Melvy didnit yas

Melvira Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:38am
post #21 of 21

I have no idea what you're talking about. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%