icingonline Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:22am
post #1 of 4

EASY GUMPASTE RECIPE icon_smile.gif

1 Lb Powdered Sugar Fine -10X plastic bag

1 Packet Knox Gelatin

2 TBS of Lemon juice

3 TBS of Water

1 Tsp of Glucose

Add gelatin, water & juice over double boiler; dissolve about 5 to 7 minutes. Add glucose stir. Use a mixer with dough hook. Place sugar in mixer then add liquid mix until slightly together remove and knead. If it feels too sticky add a little more sugar. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in plastic bag, seal. Let rest over night.

3 replies
gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:31am
post #2 of 4

Thank you for posting this! I used to buy it pre-made but I was finding that the corner and some on top was too hard to work with. It was expensive too! Then I found the can of gumpaste to mix at home and the works really well, but I'm gonna try your recipe!

Oh, my business is "The Icing on the Cake" here in Virginia Beach!!! Great Name!!! icon_wink.gif

Ginger
www.notjustcake.piczo.com

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:35am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for sharing, I want to try this one too. Didn't I read somewhere on here that you can use corn syrup instead of glucose? icon_rolleyes.gif

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:41am
post #4 of 4

I would love to try this recipe, thanks for sharing.

Would you please let me know the quantity in grams or volume of 1 packet of Knox gelatine. I live in Australia and will have to substitute a local brand therefore need to know how much to use.

Thanks in advance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%