My Baby Turned 21 Today

Lounge By hallow3 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 10:27am by JaimeAnn

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Oh, I feel so old now! Gosh it seemed like yesterday I gave birth and now she is 21, going to college, buying her first house. I truly am so proud of all her accomplishments. but I want my baby back. The sweet little thing. But I am thankful she is not married and have children yet. She is living her life and I have to step away and let her grow up. Do some of feel the same way at this time? Reflecting back to yesteryears?

5 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:24am
post #2 of 6

I know how you feel. icon_cry.gif I have 3 kids, 25 and married(no kids--yet), 22 and in college and the baby, 17 and last one--1 more yr to go in high school. I am so proud of them. But when they are all here together, I always think of where the time went. icon_cry.gif But I am glad that they are doing their own thing and are becoming fine little grown-ups. icon_lol.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 6

Yep..I'm there too. My daughter is 25, just finished her Masters. My older son turned 21 in December. My baby boy is 17 and graduating HS. As a matter of fact, Ben will graduate from high school on the morning of May 16th, Amy will get her Masters that night and Adam will get his degree from Millikin University on Sunday the 17th. Yee haw!

I can't believe they're the ages they are! Amy is 2 years older than I was when I HAD her. I got married at the same age Adam is. It's just crazy. Those first few years took forever, but it's been a blink since then! I'm thrilled with the adults they've become, but it's sure hard to believe!

Jodie

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:06am
post #4 of 6

My kids aren't that old yet, but it is going by so fast! I know tomorrow I'll be dancing at somebody's wedding!

And hi there, hallow3, I'm only about 30 minutes south of you. Boy, there's a lot of Hoosiers here!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:30am
post #5 of 6

Gee ya'll are all making me feel really old. my oldest grandaughter turned 21, on St Patrick's day. My girls are 38, 36[37 in may], and 24. my son was 32. I don't know where the time went. icon_cry.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:27am
post #6 of 6

My daughter turned 21 in November. She is dedicated to her job, No kids , No boyfriend, still lives at home. She is my best friend and I can't imagine what it will be like when she moves out. I will probably go with her! Hhahahahahah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%