Please! Need Help Fast! When My

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 11:54pm by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

cakes cool, I cover them with cling wrap...because I wasn't going to start my docorating till later tonight. Not wanting them to sat out uncover till then.

I just walked by them in my kitchen and notice water beads on the plastice wrap. I have always baked my cakes, cool and then started decorating, my cakes were cool when I wrap them.

Now I am worry if the cakes are no good now and if any bacteria may have started. Are they still good or should I trash them and not take any chances of someone getting sick? Thanks!

God Bless,
Sharon

4 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 5

Sounds like they must not have been totally cool.

I'd probably at least loosen the wrapping, maybe dry it off before you put it back on there loosely. If the cake feels damp, but not wet, you could probably use a clean towel or a paper towel to pick up any moisture.

Hope it is okay and you don't have to rebake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 5

It's nothing more than steam trapped by the plasticicon_smile.gif It will make your cake moisticon_smile.gif No one will get sickicon_smile.gif No need to do anything overicon_smile.gif Relax and enjoy you decorating.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 5

I am sure the cakes are fine, they were probably a little warm when you covered them with plastic wrap. I always wrap my cakes in Wax paper before covering them with the plastic wrap. I always bake one day & frost the next.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

Whew!, God Bless your all's heart for replying. I was going nuts with worry icon_redface.gif . I am ever so greatful for your advice, replys and information. I THANK YOU!!!! so much and my granddaughter (the birthday gal) Thanks you even more icon_biggrin.gif now off to decorate.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%