Mmf Flowers

Decorating By carriebush Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 6:15am by bamber127

carriebush Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 5

How far in advance can I make MMF flowers and how do I store them after I make them ? I want to put them on top of cupcakes and I have never done them before.. please help!!

4 replies
enoid Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 5

I made my figures a week ahead. Store them in a container with just a paper towel cover to keep them clean. You don't want them to get soft all over again. HTH

bamber127 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 5

You can make the flowers as early as you want, especially if they are just for decoration. As long as they are lightly covered so they don't get dusty. Make sure they stay out of direct sunlight so they don't fade icon_biggrin.gif

carriebush Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks , that does help. I guess I'm not sure if they are to be eaten or not. Also, are they supposed to be hard like royal icing when they dry ?
I have never used MMF so I really don't know anything about it.... thanks for any help!!!

bamber127 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:15am
post #5 of 5

Yup they will be hard, especially if they are out in the air for a long time. It does depend how long they sit out for. If you are attaching them to a curve of a cake they will not bend nicely if they sit out and dry. But if they are being placed on a cake then it should work out.

Hope that helps icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%