Wasn't Sure Where To Post This, But I Just Had To Share...

Decorating By kdosreis Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 4:04am by Ruth0209

kdosreis Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

I havent been making cakes for very long. I basically just do them for family and friends and its kinda grown to a word of mouth thing. I had a cake disaster icon_cry.gif last month after which I told myself I would never make another cake again. Fortunately I had already committed to making another cake a couple weeks after. So I had to muster up my courage, forget about the other cake, jump back on the horse, and try to make something Id be proud of. Since it was my first time working with non homemade frosting (whipped cream type frosting per request i.e. Bettercreme) I had a few issues with the not smooth look of the frosting, but felt quite good about the overall final look of the cake. Anyhoo, just a few minutes ago, I got the nicest message from the girl that ordered it and I just had to share

i never got to tell you, but the cake was AMAZING. . .it was rich, but serving it in wedding cake slices was perfect. . .there was a TON left over, so my sister took it to the restaurant she used to work at and the renowned chefs were ranting and raving over it
couldn't believe you do it just as a 'hobby' lol. . .you were a hit!

Im sure you guys understand the ups and downs of cake making and know how nice it feels to get a complement like that, especially following the ego blow I took after the my cake disaster, so I just had to share.

Have a FANTASTIC day! And happy baking to all! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 6

Congrats! That's awesome that they liked it that much! You should be really excited and happy!!

mommicakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

Congratulations to you for sure!!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

It is great to hear those kinds of comments and feel great about something that comes from you. icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 6

It is always nice to get feedback from a customer & they obviously enjoyed the cake very much. Now you can move ahead & not worry.

wendysue Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #5 of 6

Congrats! That should help you recover nicely! I've been lucky so far and only had cakes I've made for my own family turn into disasters. I don't make many cakes for people... but that has always been a fear of mine!

My biggest disaster was a castle cake I made for my own daughter a couple years ago. It looked like it had been through a battle by the time we made it to the park and I was in tears. My "big girl" who was turning 5 that day didn't even seem to care! lol

~Wendy

Ruth0209 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:04am
post #6 of 6

What a wonderful compliment. Good for you!! It always means even more when it comes from someone in the food business who really knows what he's talking about. Doesn't it just make your heart sing!??! Congrats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%