How Far In Advance To Make Mini Cupcakes

Decorating By keyshia Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm by DollyCakes

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, firstly let me apologize if this was already covered, I tried searching but could not find the answer. icon_sad.gif

I'm having an open house for my new cake business next week. I'm planning on having 4 flavors of mini cupcake for my guests to try. My question is how far in advance can I make them w/o having them dry out before the day of? and if I do make them a few days in advance, how can I keep them from drying out by party time?

Thanks in advance...just want everything to go as planned! icon_smile.gif And I am NOT planning for dry cuppies. haha

Keyshia

6 replies
pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

when i did some for a baby shower i started no more than 2 days in advance and by saturday they were still just as moist when they came out, i just kept them in several air tight containers especially since they are so much smaller they dry out soooo much faster, also get really good cupcake wrappers, after the few days some of mine actually starting peeling away and i lost about a 1/4 of them good luck on your open house ! icon_biggrin.gif

keyshia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you peppblez,

I was thinking the same thign about the air tight container. I'm figuring between teh 4 flavors, I'll have at least 200 cuppies...so I'm worried about where to put them all! icon_smile.gif

I lived in the Phoenix area for a few years (Avondale) We were stationed at Luke AFB. My mom is still in the area, funny to see how it's growing each time I go visit!

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 7

ugh i know its crazy i live right by all the new stadiums when superbowl came the year before it was horrible and last year blah dont even want to mention,

1 more thing about the cuppies dont stack them even when their cool i had so many rough tops on mine from the paper wrapper pulling just the tiniest bit of cake off , as for storing if you have some cake boxes put them in there with lids and drape foil over as a double protection you know?

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7

You can make them up to a month in advance and freeze them. I just freeze mine in bakery boxes and cover the box in plastic wrap. They are even moister after they have been frozen. I think it works really well. When I'm ready to frost, I take them out, unwrap all the plastic, let them get to room temperature and frost. It truly is the easiest. Especially if you have a wedding and need to make several hundred. This is the way to go.

keyshia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the great tips! I did buy boxes because I didn't want to sit all 200 otu at once, I wanted to be able to put some ona tray and then replenish as they got low.

Pepplez, my mom is right over by the stadium too, I remember when itw as nothing but an open field! icon_smile.gif she's off 99th and.....ummm...I know the next major street is indian school, but can't remember her smaller streets. icon_smile.gif So much has been put in just since I visited last yaer, so I'm waiting to go visit again. icon_smile.gif

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 7

You know, last summer, we made about 650 minis for an event and we were considering making them ahead of time. We ended up baking them the day before - we just spent the majority of the day baking them - like an assembly line! And then we filled them, topped them off with icing and a flower and took them up to the event to be put in the coolers. It all worked out well and we didn't have to be concerned about them being dry because they were very fresh. Minis bake up so fast that it didn't take nearly as long as we anticipated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%