Can U Believe The Nerve Of This Chick?!!! Long Vent

Lounge By KKC Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 3:05am by Sweet_Cakes

KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 22

This story is a bit long so bare with me.....

One of my aunt's closest friends bakes cakes (she doesn't decorate them) called me on Sunday icon_mad.gif (Sunday is my day off) for a cake on Wednesday by 3pm for her co worker, a Volcano for 25 people. She then tells me that she had told the lady a few weeks back that SHE would make the cake but she was going to ask me and she forgot. So i say why would u tell her that you'll make the cake and u have no decorating experience at all icon_confused.gif She laughs! So i tell her that I'm booked and I take all my orders at least 2 weeks in advance so no can do! She then asks me 'Well how do i do it?' I say well u can use the Wonder mold pan and put a round cake underneath or you can just stack some rounds and sculpt until it looks like a volcano. She gets totally confused and keeps pleading with me to do the cake. So i say ok but I'm going to have to charge a rush fee..she says thats fine, so i give her a price. She tells me that she's going to call the lady and ask her what type of filling she wants and that she is going to call me back to confirm order....she is a shady character so I tell her to give the lady my number that way she and I can discuss business rather than use her as a go the end of the day on Sunday I still have not heard from her or the customer. Monday & Tuesday no call...and of course I don't have time to call her because I'm up to my neck in cake orders, my staff is up to their neck making buttercream and fondant etc....and i figured if she wanted the cake still she would've called me, email or something! So Wednesday Afternoon rolls around and she sends me a text message on my cell asking me can i put chocolate filling in the cake icon_eek.gif (Now I'm sure i don't have to tell anyone here that if I had got a confirmation on Sunday this cake would've been finished by Tuesday evening if not early Wed had i done it anyway a filling in this cake a few hours before it was due was not going to happen). I personally hate text messaging so I call her and tell her that she was suppose to confirm or have the client call me on Sunday to confirm and since I had not heard from neither one of them by the end of the day Tuesday I figured she didn't want the cake. So she said 'I was suppose to call u back and tell u what kind of filling she wanted' Duh....u were suppose to call back on SUNDAY for the filling but you send me a text message the day the cake was due and ask can i put chocolate filling thumbsdown.gif She starts to yell so i hang up the phone. She comes to my shop....and I have a buzzer on my door so that you can't come in unless you are buzzed i tell my staff not to let her in and if she doesn't leave within the next 20 seconds to call the authorities. She got the message and left and she goes to my aunts salon and starts yelling & cursing saying 'That is so f'd up, she told me she was going to make the cake blah blah blah'...My aunt knew what was going on because I had already called my aunt and told her what happened. So my aunt told her that it was her fault because of the way she went about the whole thing was wrong. She told my aunt that I do bad business icon_confused.gif Whatever! My aunt seems to think that she charged the lady more than I was charging so that she can get a piece of the pie....her and my aunt grew up together and she use to clean my aunts house and my aunt had to fire her because she would have her kids clean while she'd go into my aunts kitchen and eat all the food in the fridge. My aunt knew she was a shady person yet she still gave her my I'm more pissed at my aunt about this because she knows how the lady is. She's always trying to come into my shop and make her way in the back to see what she can learn...but I'd tell her quick that she had to leave or god forbid if my husband was there and saw her..he'd get so angry at everybody and lose it.

I am so right now I could spit fire icon_evil.gif Its people like her that make me not want to deal with friends or family when it comes to my business...i'd rather send them to someone else!

I feel like I went about this the right way but I am always open for advice whether I want to hear it or fire away!!! thumbs_up.gif

21 replies
tx_cupcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 22

All I can say is "wow". What a complete nut bar! Even though it ended kind of badly, you probably dodged a bullet by not making the cake. She probably would have claimed that there was something wrong with the cake (even though it wasn't for her) and tried to get a refund. That way she'd have her money back plus the money she scammed off of that other poor lady.

What a skeevy lady. Yeck!

candynumber1 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 22

Wow! I think you were perfect, It's good she didn't call you back cause she probably would have told them she made it anyway. icon_lol.gif Gosh I can't stop laughing, this is crazy.

KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 22
Originally Posted by candynumber1

Wow! I think you were perfect, It's good she didn't call you back cause she probably would have told them she made it anyway. icon_lol.gif Gosh I can't stop laughing, this is crazy.

Tell me about it....this lady is always trying to use me as her back up plan without me knowing it. Case in point....

in November a friend of hers was getting married and she offered to make the wedding cake but she has never done a wedding cake before (all she does is poundcakes and layer cakes) so she calls me and asks can i come (she lives about 1 1/2 hours from me) and help her by covering the cakes in fondant icon_confused.gif Uh no... 1)because it was Black Friday and I was shopping...and 2) Ur not getting paid to do the cake so I know I'm not getting paid to help. Needless to say she went and bought the Wilton cake stand (Floating tiers) and she just put some fabric ribbon around the cake.

Last month she called my aunt in Orlando to ask for my number but I had left my cell phone at home so I missed all 15 of her she then calls my aunt back yelling & cursing (yeah she's nuts) saying that she had a cake shaped like a penis that she had to do for a bridal shower and she didn't know what to do and that if i didn't want to help her all i had to do was say so icon_confused.gif It seems like this lady is basically promoting herself knowing she has no clue how to decorate and thinking that she can call me anytime she gets stuck. So my aunt who has no clue about cakes either told her 'why don't u just go to the erotic store and buy the penis cake pan' icon_lol.gif This chick is so darn clueless. Why would u agree to make a cake for someone knowing you don't know what to do. I guess she knows now that she should work on her craft before she promotes herself icon_smile.gif

dinas27 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 22

yikes... that is one crazy lady. I think you did good by not letting her into the store, that's a nice set up!

and for the future... no is a complete sentence. NO. NO THAT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE.

michellenj Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 22

It must have been so funny when you guys wouldn't buzz her into the shop. She sounds like a total fruit loop!

Shelle_75 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #7 of 22

"Nutjob, party of one, your straightjacket is ready...."

KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 22
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

tx_cupcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm
post #9 of 22
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

LMAO!!! icon_lol.gif
I'll have to use that one at work!

JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:37am
post #10 of 22

Sounds to me like she wanted everyone to think SHE had made an awesome volcano cake and had hyped it up . Hahhah serves her right, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when she showed up without the cake. I'm sure something terrible happened to it on the way there.. Hahhahahh

People like that get what they deserve.

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #11 of 22

I seriously wonder sometimes if there is something wrong with people like sounds as though she is slightly unhinged! Maybe she needs some valium or happy pills or something??? is too short to get that crazy mad about stuff. Especially cake - cake is happy!

KKC Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #12 of 22

I haven't heard from her since that day but she told my aunt that she made the cake and she sent me a picture of it via text message...but i didn't get the picture and what would be the point of sending me the picture?! Is it to show off or to get my approval...who knows...this lady is missing a few screws. I have too much going on to be dealing with a "nutjob" icon_lol.gif Before this all happened she asked me if I could give her a some lessons on how to sculpt (sp?) cakes and cover fondant icon_confused.gif Um no...I've been blessed enough to have cake orders until the end of July icon_biggrin.gif so I don't have time thumbs_up.gif

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:00pm
post #13 of 22

Maybe she will magically move to another continent! Or at least out of state. She sounds like a whack-job, definitely!

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 22

So do you have her on call block yet? icon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:45pm
post #15 of 22

What complete loon. Where is the drooling bug eyed emoticon when you need it??

GI Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #16 of 22
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

What complete loon. Where is the drooling bug eyed emoticon when you need it??

KKC Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:06am
post #17 of 22
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

So do you have her on call block yet? icon_lol.gif

I blocked her from my business phone but I'm still figuring out how to block her from my cell.

Ironbaker Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #18 of 22

cuckoo for cocoa puffs!

I would love to see her face when she calls and hears the "your number has been blocked..."

Naturepixie Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #19 of 22

Wow KKC, I think you did the right thing. But it doesn't look like she is going to give up. Maybe with her number being blocked she'll get the hint.

KKC Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #20 of 22

I hope she gets it...because I have a short fuse sometimes icon_redface.gif So I would hate to have to hurt her feelings icon_wink.gif

Alaskahsm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:44am
post #21 of 22

Unfortunately you HAVE to hurt someones feelings to get them to understand that they are a nutjob> ;-(

Sweet_Cakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #22 of 22

wow. and i thought i had it bad at the grocery store! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%