Pull Apart Cake/cupcake Cake Help

Decorating By chasenpaige Updated 20 May 2009 , 3:30pm by kim4658

chasenpaige Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 6

I am attempting to make a cake out of cupcakes shaped like a football for my son's bday tomorrow. Any tips or words of wisdom would be SO APPRECIATED! I am concerned one about them moving around while I am trying to ice them and with not being able to ice them to look like a cake and it ending up looking like a smooshed mess of a cake - HELP!! Anyone ever tried this before with success?

Alli

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 6

Put a dab of icing on the bottom of each cup before placing it on the board icon_smile.gif Push them together as close as you can. The icing will not 'fall thru the cracks'icon_smile.gif Hopefully you have a 'quick icer' tip to use. It makes covering those cuppies quick and easy.

southernpeach Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 5:56am
post #3 of 6

I have been looking into this same thing and I am seeing some places where you do not need to "glue" the cakes together.

So my question is, is it necessary to do this or just safe so the cupcakes don't move around on you?

southernpeach Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I was looking for somethingike that all night! Just what I needed.

Getting to know a new forum is fun and frustrating all at the same time! icon_biggrin.gif

kim4658 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 6

I know this is dumb, I have never made a pull apart cake-but what keeps the icing from falling off the edges and in between the cupcakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%