Color To Use For Abasketball

Decorating By grandmalink Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm by KHalstead

grandmalink Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 7

Hi I need to no what color do you use to make a basketball I have brown.
What color makes the reddish color?

Can anyone give me help on making the net? I am going to try the net from fondant.

Thanks for any information.

Debbie

6 replies
KHalstead Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 7

you need to mix orange with a little bit of brown, at least that's what I did for these cupcakes. As for the net, if you can get a clay extruder that would help make your fondant nice and even for all the strings on the net.
LL

flamingobaker Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a BB last week in my pics.
I, too used orange and added brown til it looked right. I read on here something about terra cotta color, so I tried a little red, but I don't think it made much difference.

KHalstead- did you use paper towel for your texture? Last week I could not find a paper tower that had the dots that were not lined up in patterns, even generic!

jlsheik Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 7

HI...I too used wilton orange w/ a touch of brown. I used a walmart brand papertowel and it turned out great!! It is in my pics!

grandmalink Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you very much for the the information.

Debbie

juleebug Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingobaker

Last week I could not find a paper tower that had the dots that were not lined up in patterns, even generic!

Dollar store napkins are what I use in a pinch. They usually have the lined up dot pattern and are not too soft to use on icing.

KHalstead Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingobaker

KHalstead- did you use paper towel for your texture? Last week I could not find a paper tower that had the dots that were not lined up in patterns, even generic!

I did use paper towels, I used "Scott" brand paper towels and they actually had sort of a flower design on them, I put it on the cupcake and then moved it as I smoothed and it came out looking like basketballs and you couldn't tell their were flowers at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%