Best Fat And Sugar And Egg-Free Cake!

Baking By charlythechef Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm by tx_cupcake

charlythechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlythechef Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 6

I'm no beleiver in healthy cakes...cakes should be about indulgence!

BUT, inspired by a slice of Molly Cake I had in a John Lewis cafe once, I've jiggled several recipes around and come up with this delicious gooey fruit cake recipe that's COMPLETELY free from fat, added sugar and eggs.

The scrummy gooey moist-ness comes from boiling dates to get a sticky consistency...

Here's teh recipe that I posted on the BBC Good Food site: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7961/fat-free-gooey-molly-cake

Anyone come up with something similar? Give it a whirl! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 6

To me there is something inherently wrong with a eggless, sugarless and, most of all, fat free cake. icon_sad.gif

When I want cake I want to pile as many fat grams as humanly possible into my gaping food shoot! icon_biggrin.gif

Why not just eat a bunch of broccoli and call it a day? icon_lol.gif

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 6

when I seen the subject line I thought to myself, "that can't be possible". The recipe looks interesting and I think I would like to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

charlythechef Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 6

I totally agree txcupacke and I promsie this is the only scrummy/kinda healthy recipe I have in my book! At least it allows people with gluten-free diets to enjoy a wedge of gooey fruit cake...!

ANd if you serve it whilst warm, it tastes great with a generous spread of butter on top icon_smile.gif

charlythechef Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 6

...good luck with your Molly Cake didavista!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlythechef

ANd if you serve it whilst warm, it tastes great with a generous spread of butter on top icon_smile.gif

NOW you're talkin' sister! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%