Help With Edible Images Not Printing Correctly

Decorating By SusanaDalia Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 7:21am by PatricesPieces

SusanaDalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusanaDalia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:14am
post #1 of 9

I already posted this in another thread that was previously started, but I thought since I thought I would have this problem solved by now and I don't and I'm in a hurry, that I would post again with it's own thread.

Ok, I have the Epson Workforce 30 that is brand new, and brand new KopyKake cartridges. The problem is the first 3 times, I printed on regular paper just to test the colors, they came out very faint especially the blue. Now the blue is fine, but where there is gray, it is coming out sky blue instead. The red is more of a coral color and not very bright. I have test printed now on regular paper so as not to waste so many frosting sheets and they are still coming out this way. I have printed a total of 6 times. I am printing per the suggestion of matte paper and best photo on printing preferences. Has anyone had this happen before, or have any suggestions please?

8 replies
PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #2 of 9

When you put the new cartridges in, did you clean the casings that hold the cartridge. The paper will sometimes clog them and keep the ink from printing correctly. Sometimes it won't print at all. You have to regularly clean the printer or they won't print.

SusanaDalia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:50am
post #3 of 9

It is a new printer so I didn't think I would need to clean it. What other reason could it be doing this?

PatricesPieces Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:52am
post #4 of 9

I'm not sure since it's a new machine. I would call the place you bought it and ask them to help you troubleshoot. Is this the first image you have tried printing??

SusanaDalia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:06am
post #5 of 9

Yes, it is the first time for me to do this. Fortunately after like 10 times, it finally worked right. One other question, it leaked black ink a little on the outside edge. Luckily, I am going to put a border around it anyways, which will hide that, but I was just curious, what I would do in the futre for that, if say I didn't plan on a border or say it leaked in the middle of the image? I am wondering if something is wrong with the cartridges.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:08am
post #6 of 9

I've had edible images printed out for me at various local bakeries (playing cards). One was so blurry I refused to pay for it, the decorator told me it was because their machines were not the newest technology and that was the best they could do. The second one, all of the white areas were light blue. I just gave up. I was thinking about buying my own so I'd love to know what you find out!

PatricesPieces Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:10am
post #7 of 9

There is not supposed to be any leaking. I would contact the place that you bought it, and let them know the issues that you are having with it. You might want to take pictures of the image and the leakage, so you can email them. This may help them with fixing it for you. If you just bought it, it should hopefully have a warranty, so they will send you another one. I would definitely contact customer service to see if they can help.

SusanaDalia Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:17am
post #8 of 9

After the first 2 sheets, it quit leaking for some reason. I guess I got lucky in that regard, it does seem that there may be some issues since it seems it shouldn't have taken so many prints for it to finally print correctly. I will take pictures and talk to Epson, but the warranty may be voided since they will say I used non Epson cartridges. We'll see.... Thanks for your help!

PatricesPieces Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:21am
post #9 of 9

You're welcome. Sorry I could not be more help. Good luck...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%