***** April's Creative Cookie Club *****

Baking By freddyfl Updated 4 May 2009 , 2:22pm by michellesArt

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:06am
post #61 of 130

freddyfl,
I wish you and your family the best. My thoughts are with you.
Tricia
(Pebbles13)

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:43pm
post #62 of 130

Freddy, your family will be in our prayers. I cannot imagine how awful this must be for you all.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:00pm
post #63 of 130

i know how it feels to get bounced around and still not get answers-our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. i wanted to thank you too for starting again this thread!! i have been completely inspired! icon_biggrin.gif my daughter and i read the twilight series and this is what i came up with (had to go to an appointment so i haven't finished new moon yet-but you get the idea) thanks again and i can't wait for may!! icon_lol.gif 'kay it's too big but it'll be in my pics!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:56am
post #64 of 130

Love this thread!! You cookie people are so talented. I want to learn how to make my cookies look as good.

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:33am
post #65 of 130

THanks for all your thoughts and prayers. After a bunch of tests and ultrasounds, x rays, and a CT scan it came back that he does not have cancer SO WAHOOOOO. WE still don't know what caused him to have the elevated ESR and fevers up to 105, but I am very happy just knowing that it isn't cancer. We are still going through the process of trying to figure things out after spending the last 3 1/2 days at Army hospital. We have a few follow ups left but after that I think it should be back to life as usual. Just wanted to let you all know.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:45am
post #66 of 130

Breathing a big sigh of relief for you! I'm glad it's not cancer, and still hoping that it's nothing else serious.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #67 of 130

That's great news! I hope you get some answers to your questions soon....

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #68 of 130

oh, thank god!!! good luck with up and coming testing

michellesArt Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:45pm
post #69 of 130

*happy dance* it's great to know that we all have such a wonderful community to support us icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #70 of 130

Thank G-D it's not cancer. So happy for you. Good luck with the rest of the tests. Hope to hear more good news!

Pebbles13 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:44am
post #71 of 130

I'm so happy for you that the news is positive. I wish you and your family the best.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:34am
post #72 of 130

That's great news. I've thought of your little guy several times over the past days. It's so good to hear he's not facing such a horrible battle.

asimpson2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asimpson2 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:26am
post #73 of 130

that's great news, I was so sad when I read this post, and then relieved when you posted that it wasn't cancer.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:42am
post #74 of 130

Rejoicing with you over the good news! When one of my sons was young, he was really sick and the doctor was gong thru a list of things it could be. It would've been nice if she'd said them in her head, not out loud! Things like rheumotoid arthritis, leukemia....panic attack coming on. Turned out he had mono. What a relief! Good luck as you forge ahead for answers.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #75 of 130

PRAISE THE LORD! I am so glad to hear the excellent news!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #76 of 130

OMG, I had no idea this was happening. I did not have the "notify" box selected and just saw this thread on the homepage. I am so glad evrything turned out ok.

Pebbles13 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:06pm
post #77 of 130

freddyfl: I hope all is going well for you and your family. I am going to try to post a pic to continue your fantastic idea of the "Creative Cookie Club".
My favorite book when I was a little girl was "The Boxcar Children" by Gertrude Chandler Warner. If you haven't read the book, it is about four orphaned children who make their home in an abandoned boxcar. As a little girl, I thought it would be so cool to live in a boxcar, but I didn't want to be an orphan icon_redface.gif If my attachment doesn't work, I'm going to post it in the cookie gallery.
LL

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #78 of 130

Wow, all these cookies are so impressive! I have been so busy with Easter cookies that I did not get to get in on this months cookie of the month but will in May. I am a school teacher and teach first grade so I had LOTS of ides for cookies but needed to do Easter bouquets for a fundraiser for my son. When will we know what the theme is for May or have I missed the post on it?

freddyfl, I am so sorry your son is sick but so glad it is not cancer. I tried to get on your face book page but was unable to. I am also on face book, if you PM me we can hook up on it also.

Thanks to all those who are getting this cookie of the month going!! I LOVE it!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm
post #79 of 130

wow pebbles....those cookies are great! i've never heard of the book. i'm gonna have to check out the library. FAB cookies!

michellesArt Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #80 of 130

so what's the idea for may-i'm chomping at the bit!! hehe-everyone's cookies are great!! can't wait to see more-prayers and thoughts are still with you

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #81 of 130

Pebbles-your cookies rock! Wow!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:13pm
post #82 of 130

Pebbles - those are great!
And a great book choice, too!

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #83 of 130

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Just put it in Gods hands.

trixiegirl31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixiegirl31 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #84 of 130

Lot's of ground to cover in this post...

freddyfl - So glad to hear that it's not cancer. Being in healthcare I know the struggle you're dealing with in not knowing. Saying a prayer that all turns out well for you and your son.

Pebbles - The Boxcar Children books were absolute favorites of mine as a child. Love your cookies!!!

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:11am
post #85 of 130

Thank you so much for all the support everyone! My son seems to be doing amazing....now he just needs to gain weight. Pebbles those cookies are awesome. I love them. I still want to get to my cookies...maybe this weekend.

LesGateauxCheri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LesGateauxCheri Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:56am
post #86 of 130

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forums. I absolutely love this idea and I looooooovvvvveeee baking and decorating cookies. People at my work ordered a ton from me for Christmas. I haven't really uploaded any pics yet, but I will soon and I'm excited to join this forum.
freddyfl - I just want to say that I was on the edge of my couch reading this forum. I was so relieved when I read your post that it wasn't cancer. I felt like it was my own son that I was worrying about. I'm also so glad at all the support on this forum. I hope his health gets back to normal soon. icon_smile.gif
Can't wait to start participating.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:14am
post #87 of 130

Pebbles, love those books and love those cookies! The campfire is amazing and your boxcar is perfection! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

O.k. I will admit, I don't clearly remember the dog. I'll just have to go back and read them all over again!

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:37pm
post #88 of 130

freddyfl, I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't cancer!

Pebbles13, your cookies are great! I too loved the Boxcar Children book. The cracked teacup is just right. As kids, we didn't have a boxcar handy, so we tossed the poor dog out of his house and turned that into a short lived clubhouse.

Pebbles13 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #89 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy58

freddyfl, I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't cancer!

Pebbles13, your cookies are great! I too loved the Boxcar Children book. The cracked teacup is just right. As kids, we didn't have a boxcar handy, so we tossed the poor dog out of his house and turned that into a short lived clubhouse.

Cindy - That is so funny that you turned a dog house into a boxcar icon_biggrin.gif I loved that book so much as a little girl, I just had to pay tribute to it. The cookies were so fun to make.
Thank you all for your compliments! Is this going to continue next month, and if so what is the theme for May?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #90 of 130

Freddlyfl - I just got back from being out of town and was getting caught up in the forums and my heart just sank when I heard of your original thoughts that he might have cancer. I could feel the lump in my stomach. I am so glad to read that is not indeed the case and wish him the best for a full and speedy recovery!

Pebbles13 - LOVE those cookies (as is evidenced by the PM I sent you!) Fantastic job!

I read "The Velveteen Rabbit" to my daughter last night and bawled away. I can't read that, "Rocking Horse Christmas", "The Giving Tree", "Where the Red Fern Grows" without crying. There are just so many wonderful books out there! Good grief - I even choke up at the coffee commercial at Christmas! I am really enjoying seeing what everyone is coming up with! Such talent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%