Wanna Hear About My Day?!

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm by FullMoonRanch

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:41am
post #1 of 31

Let me start off asking...was it a full moon last night?!?

Disclaimer: nothing to do with cakes

Scenario #1:
I went to the bank this afternoon to make a deposit. As I was walking out towards the glass doors, I see a black pick up truck screeching into the parking lot. Two men in jeans and a shirt jump out with GUNS in their hands!!! They were pointing the guns at two other men. Naturally, everyone at the bank thought that the bank was about to get robbed. People running in and out, people scared to death!

I just stood there with my mouth practically dropped to the floor.
However, we quickly noticed that the men holding the guns were undercover police officers making an arrest.

Scenario #2:
I was at the grocery store with my little sister. I was walking (patiently, may I add!) behind an elder woman. I'm walking....walking.....walking...pushing my cart....walking...
All of a sudden, she turns around and says (in Spanish), "Go in front of me because if you hit me with that cart there's going to be problems."
icon_eek.gif

I walked away laughing (out of shock, primarily) and said, "Whatever."
She has the nerve to say, "Whatever nothing!"

By this time I have just had it with craziness for one day!! I said, "You need to lose the attitude. You're threatening me for something I haven't done. If I wanted to hit you with the cart, believe me, I would've. Now keep walking before you give me more ideas!"

I love Miami.

30 replies
TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 31

LOL, at the elderly woman. Sounds like you have had enough excitement for one day, maybe two - good excuse to stay in bad all day tomorrow! LOL

Babarooskie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaBakes

LOL, at the elderly woman. Sounds like you have had enough excitement for one day, maybe two - good excuse to stay in bad all day tomorrow! LOL

Tell me about it.

Can you believe that there was a rumor in Miami going on yesterday that people shouldn't go to Walmart and Target because there was going to be gang initiations going on??

What has the world come to???

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #4 of 31

That same rumor was here in Texas today.

Babarooskie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #5 of 31

Amazing...

I'm done dealing with crazies for the week.

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #6 of 31

Huh, I got that same message as a text yesterday too, and I live in another state (Texas) than you! Go figure!

TonyaBakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 31

Oh my goodness, that is horrible! I don't believe I would have went to Walmart or Target. Makes me love the fact that I live out in the country a little ways even more. I'm not sure what's going on but people seem to be getting a little stranger lately. Hope your day goes better tomorrow!

Babarooskie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #8 of 31
Quote:

Oh my goodness, that is horrible! I don't believe I would have went to Walmart or Target. Makes me love the fact that I live out in the country a little ways even more. I'm not sure what's going on but people seem to be getting a little stranger lately. Hope your day goes better tomorrow!

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #9 of 31

Ah the old "gang initiation" BS. A well worded google search always brings these up as hoaxes. I am slowly training people I know NOT to forward anything to me without checking Snopes first.....it is a sloooooow process training these yutzes!

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #10 of 31

Thank goodness you spoke back to her and didn't let her get away with being so tacky. I think that's why this country has slipped into the situation we're in now. Too much complaciency. I'm tired of other people's lack of respect and low morals. Hurrah to you for taking a stand. I hope you get a nice long hot bath and a good sleep tonight. You deserve it.

TonyaBakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:09am
post #11 of 31

The gang initiation ordeal was just in the local news here in NC. People are getting the text messages here too.. Police say it's a hoax and not to forward the message because that's only making it worse. World full of crazies! They shoot my way I'm shooting back, lol!

My little Cowboy (my avatar) has his cap gun ready at all times, lol!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:12am
post #12 of 31

I was feeling pretty bad for ya but the feeling vaporized (snap!) just like that....when I read....

"...Now keep walking before you give me more ideas!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kinda reminded me of Clint Eastwood saying...(and this is from memory so don't shoot me(no, I ain't giving you any ideas...not on purpose anyway)if I get it wrong)...."one thing you gotta ask yourself. do ya feel lucky? well, punk, do ya?" "....(aaaaaaaah...while clinching teeth...) now, keep walking before you give me more ideas....(aaaaaaah...clinching teeth again)"

s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:20am
post #13 of 31

I'm in Arkansas and we had the same text going around. I can't believe it was all over the country like that!

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:25am
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

. I am slowly training people I know NOT to forward anything to me without checking Snopes first.....it is a sloooooow process training these yutzes!

AGREED!!! After a long time of "OMG look at this its so sad/happy/scary/beware/forward to everyone....." I too have tried to train people in my address book to check snopes icon_rolleyes.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #15 of 31

i used to only forward stuff to folks i knew and stuff they liked till one day i got a nasty and i do mean nasty email back saying that it was a hoax and never send them stuff like that again- ok i gave you the sugar, very sugar coated version but you get the drift.. irony has it i never heard from that person again..

i learned though. i just don't forward stuff on to ppl. a few exceptions.. just to those who send me stuff. and thats like .. two or three tops.. and that thing with gang initiations that goes around almost every year.. sometimes its highways with headlights, missing headlights etc.. some places it may be true most not though.. but i could always be wrong

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:37am
post #16 of 31

Yeah it has gone around here in NC too. My son in law is with the fire dept and one of his friends with the rescue squad contacted them yesterday. Said the initiation was that they had to shoot a woman and was warning my daughter not to go to Walmart. They did have it on the news last night and said that although they felt there was nothing to it they did have extra forces standing by.

As for your story.....LMAO! I swear I just had a Desperate Housewives flash back. I could so see Gabrielle doing that in the store!!! BWAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAH

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:42am
post #17 of 31

I got the text here in Alabama today icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #18 of 31

Sorry to hear about your bad day but I love your comeback to the old lady icon_lol.gif .

stemps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stemps Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:51am
post #19 of 31

the same rumor was in Washington today too!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:55am
post #20 of 31

Man, so glad we have gun laws in Canada. I think that it saves us a bit. Not a whole lot, but a bit. Just in the last 2 years we have seen an upswing in gangs here in Calgary, Alberta (above Montana as a reference) as a result of the increase of immigrants and wealth. Hopefully we can curb it before it gets out of hand.

The lady in the store.... WAY too funny!!! Old ladies are either super sweet or super s*****y. I personally LOVE shopping on "old ladies" day at the store. When I am following them as an accident I usually start talking out loud about what I need, what isle they are in, and then say "Oh, darn it... I forgot about... " and then turn around. Usually old people love me. And kids. I love shopping. Hmmm... got to warm up the car!!!!

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:40am
post #21 of 31

If you ever get an email or a text that you are questioning (is it a hoax or is it real?), check it out on this website - they do they legwork for you, and will tell you if there is any truth in it or not. You would be surprised at how many emails floating around out there are hoaxes - it's usually my MIL that gets caught fowarding them to hundreds of people!

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/

jennabell441 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennabell441 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:02pm
post #22 of 31

Good response to the old lady. I absolutely HATE shopping. Is it just me or do people invade personal space in the check out line?

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #23 of 31

That same message got here in AZ!!!! about the gang killing 3 women in a walmart... needless to say my hubby didn't le tme go to get groceries!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

Quote:

Tell me about it.

Can you believe that there was a rumor in Miami going on yesterday that people shouldn't go to Walmart and Target because there was going to be gang initiations going on??

What has the world come to???

Babarooskie, I live in Miami also (Hialeah) and we kept getting those emails about Walmart but not Target...finally in the afternoon they get on the news and say to stop circulating the emails and texts icon_confused.gif I don't think so...first of all whether if its a hoax or not how in the hell would we know? We'd rather be safe than sorry so if I ever get those again I'm going to keep em going.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #25 of 31
Quote:

Scenario #2:
I was at the grocery store with my little sister. I was walking (patiently, may I add!) behind an elder woman. I'm walking....walking.....walking...pushing my cart....walking...
All of a sudden, she turns around and says (in Spanish), "Go in front of me because if you hit me with that cart there's going to be problems."
icon_eek.gif

By this time I have just had it with craziness for one day!! I said, "You need to lose the attitude. You're threatening me for something I haven't done. If I wanted to hit you with the cart, believe me, I would've. Now keep walking before you give me more ideas!"

I love Miami.

I hate Miami...I've been living in Hialeah all my life except for the 5 years i lived in Miami Gardens. I've been begging my husband to relocate but he's to scared to step out on faith. In Hialeah especially, the drivers are terrible, they cut u off and then look at you like u are the one who did something wrong. I absolutely hate it here. Every single day I'm cursing and screaming at these idiots. The other day a school bus full of little kids ran the stop sign and then ran the red light...that light was red for about 15 seconds. I said no way I'm letting my son ride the school bus. Its terrible here! All of my car accidents have happened in Hialeah. Sorry for hijacking your thread icon_redface.gif

Babarooskie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:49pm
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKC

Quote:

Scenario #2:
icon_eek.gif

I love Miami.

I hate Miami...I've been living in Hialeah all my life except for the 5 years i lived in Miami Gardens. I've been begging my husband to relocate but he's to scared to step out on faith. In Hialeah especially, the drivers are terrible, they cut u off and then look at you like u are the one who did something wrong. I absolutely hate it here. Every single day I'm cursing and screaming at these idiots. The other day a school bus full of little kids ran the stop sign and then ran the red light...that light was red for about 15 seconds. I said no way I'm letting my son ride the school bus. Its terrible here! All of my car accidents have happened in Hialeah. Sorry for hijacking your thread icon_redface.gif

LOL it's OK.
I'm sick of Miami too. Florida came out in a poll stating that we are the rudest state! Not too long ago I had someone who was tailgating me. I flashed my hazards as a "Please back off" move. The driver and passenger (two young men must have been in their late 20's), shot me the birdie and called me all sorts of names such as b****, and w****.

What if I had a child in the care with me?!?

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #27 of 31

I also received the Wal-Mart email, only it was sent by one of my co-workers to the whole company. He claimed that his "best friend" was a local cop who had warned him. A quick look at Snopes.com confirmed that he is a choad.

LOL @ that old lady! I love me some feisty elderly - especially women. They remind me of my late great-grandma who wouldn't take any shiz from anyone!

Although I am sorry you had a rough day. I probably would have peed my pants at the bank! icon_lol.gif

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #28 of 31

Ahhhh that is SO typical Miami. I just moved back home in August but had been living in South Miami for the past 3 years. I can't count how many times I got bitched out (IN SPANISH!.. which I DON'T speak!) at the grocery store or other locations around town. Everyone was just SO SO rude.. and when I coudln't understand their spanish they were even ruder to me. Ugh.. I'm so glad I moved.. but I do miss the palm trees and the ocean!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:09pm
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemps

the same rumor was in Washington today too!

Stemps, I live in Washington too and got the same text message yesterday. But I wonder, do gang initiations get publicized like that though?...icon_eek.gif

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:55pm
post #30 of 31
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKC

Quote:

Scenario #2:
icon_eek.gif

I love Miami.

LOL it's OK.
I'm sick of Miami too. Florida came out in a poll stating that we are the rudest state! Not too long ago I had someone who was tailgating me. I flashed my hazards as a "Please back off" move. The driver and passenger (two young men must have been in their late 20's), shot me the birdie and called me all sorts of names such as b****, and w****.

What if I had a child in the care with me?!?

I gotta totally agree with you. And it's not just Miami. I've been on the West Coast since 84. I've worked with the public all my life and I've never run into a population of people harder to handle than here. You can't blame it on Floridians because these people are from all over the world. It's like they cross the state line and develop a case of the nasties. So many of them have an "I'm #1 and screw you" attitude that you really have to grow alligator skin after a while.

I was at TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago, came out of the store with a cart and unloaded it into the car. The parking lot was pretty empty so I left the cart next to the car by a light post. Maybe 5 inches of it was in the next parking space. This chick pulls in right next to me;mind you, there were probably 100 other parking spaces but she had to have that one right by the cart.

She proceeded to roll down her window and call me an f***ing B****. She probably thought she could get away with it because of my age, though I'm not all THAT old.lol I walked over to her car and said " You're right! That's EXACTLY what I am! Now do you want to take this any further because your mama obviously didn't teach you any manners and maybe somebody else should."

I think she thought I was going to hit her because she immediately rolled up the window and locked her door. I just started laughing and walked away to my car. Maybe she'll think before she tries that one again.

Normally I would have just smiled and sluffed it off. I guess she got me on an off day.

It must be something in the air in this state that makes people think they can do and say whatever they want to anybody without any repurcussions (I have NO idea if I spelled that right. icon_lol.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%