Need Help... Please Help W, Fondant, Fast, Pretty Please!!!

Decorating By marion123 Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am by Teekakes

marion123 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

I have a cake due on Sunday and I'm trying to do as much prep work as I can now..I have my colored fondant stars and flowers all set for my cake, what is the best way to keep them for Sunday? I know in the refrig, but do I cover them or put them in a baggie oe just leave them uncovered.. Right now, i just have them on wax paper.. Do I put any crisco on the paper??

Any help, would be so much needed!!! Thank you

5 replies
princesscris Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 6

Hi

I don't put fondant in the fridge - it sweats as it returns to room temperature. I usually store fondant pieces on paper towel in an airtight container in a dark cupboard - exposure to light can bleach the colour - especially pinks.

Kind regards,
Cris.

marion123 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #3 of 6

Got the answer... Thank you so much Valerie!!

Have a good night everyone
Carissa

LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 6

Are they just fondant cut outs? I usually don't do that stuff ahead - but I would probably press glad press-n-seal or plastic wrap tightly over them to try to keep as much air out as possible unless you want them to dry hard.

Cruz Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 6

I just put fondant pieces for my cakes on my kitchen table in a cookie sheet and cover them in plastic wrap.

Teekakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

I do the same as princesschris, except I do not use paper towels. I use parchment paper because the fondant and/or gumpaste won't stick to it. Best not to put it in the fridge.........just leave it at room temp. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%