Need Help... Please Help W, Fondant, Fast, Pretty Please!!!

Decorating By marion123 Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am by Teekakes

marion123  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

I have a cake due on Sunday and I'm trying to do as much prep work as I can now..I have my colored fondant stars and flowers all set for my cake, what is the best way to keep them for Sunday? I know in the refrig, but do I cover them or put them in a baggie oe just leave them uncovered.. Right now, i just have them on wax paper.. Do I put any crisco on the paper??

Any help, would be so much needed!!! Thank you

5 replies
 princesscris  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscris Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 6

Hi

I don't put fondant in the fridge - it sweats as it returns to room temperature. I usually store fondant pieces on paper towel in an airtight container in a dark cupboard - exposure to light can bleach the colour - especially pinks.

Kind regards,
Cris.

marion123  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #3 of 6

Got the answer... Thank you so much Valerie!!

Have a good night everyone
Carissa

LeckieAnne  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 6

Are they just fondant cut outs? I usually don't do that stuff ahead - but I would probably press glad press-n-seal or plastic wrap tightly over them to try to keep as much air out as possible unless you want them to dry hard.

Cruz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cruz Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 6

I just put fondant pieces for my cakes on my kitchen table in a cookie sheet and cover them in plastic wrap.

Teekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

I do the same as princesschris, except I do not use paper towels. I use parchment paper because the fondant and/or gumpaste won't stick to it. Best not to put it in the fridge.........just leave it at room temp. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%