The Dirty Dozen Scams

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm by veejaytx

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 5

I got this off AOL, but the link is supposed to work for anyone. It's a list of the top scams going on today.

http://www.walletpop.com/specials/dirty-dozen-scams?icid=main|htmlws-sb|dl3|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walletpop.com%2Fspecials%2Fdirty-dozen-scams

I keep getting the auto warranty calls. icon_mad.gif Which ones do you get?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

4 replies
s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:41am
post #2 of 5

The auto warranty---they've gotten us on our landline, cell, and even thru the mail. It was funny because we only started getting them after we got a new car, so I assumed it was legit for a little while (even though I wasn't interested). Then I found out that EVERYONE was getting them, even my grandmother who has never driven a day in her life.

I also get the emails saying I've won a large sum of money from an overseas lottery. Or I have a relative in another country that died and left me lots of $$$. I think I either "won" or "inherited" about $400 million in one week. What's sad is that there are people falling for these scams every day, especially the way the economy is now. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"---truer words were never spoken.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 5

I got a call on my cell phone last week that was tres fishy. It was automated and ery official sounding, telling me that there was a problem with my credit or debit card, and to enter the numbers after the beep.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 5

I had no idea the auto warranty calls were scams. They really piss me off because all of our phone numbers (landline plus 5 cell phones) are on the national do-not-call registry. I just hang up on them now, because pressing 2 does NOT remove you from their call list. icon_sad.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 5

I'm just waiting for one of them to call me...my car is almost 17 years old, hardly within warranty, and I intend to tell them what I think of them and their scams.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%