Have You Ever Tried...

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 1:17am by kendraskitchen

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 6

chocolate transfer sheets on your cookies? I was on Autumn Carpenter's site and saw some very cute cookies that had been done with chocolate transfer sheets. I was wondering how they taste also! They look so cute!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:04am
post #2 of 6

I've not tried them, but I'm not sure they'll work for anything other than chocolate or candy coating. I've seen her use them for choc-cov Oreos. The coating has to be warm and wet for the transfer to stick. Once cooled you peel and the design is left on your cookie.

The transfers don't have any taste. They're made with cocoa butter and food coloring painted on a plastic sheet. You'll just taste the chocolate and the cookie.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 6

I've used transfer sheets on chocolate covered cookies. Mostly on white chocolate since so many designs are more noticeable on it. It looks nice.
DO you have a link to Autumn's site?

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks! Here is the link to her site.

http://www.cookiedecorating.com/

kendraskitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraskitchen Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

I've used the transfer sheets on both Oreos and on cut out cookies. They are great! You can do so much with them. I find it easier to decorate a cookie with a transfer sheet rather than icing of any kind and chocolate on a sugar cookie is very good. Autumn has great videos to teach you how to do it. Once you've done it a few times, it's very easy.

kendraskitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraskitchen Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 6

I've used the transfer sheets on both Oreos and on cut out cookies. They are great! You can do so much with them. I find it easier to decorate a cookie with a transfer sheet rather than icing of any kind and chocolate on a sugar cookie is very good. Autumn has great videos to teach you how to do it. Once you've done it a few times, it's very easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%