My Husband Has Lost His Mind!

Lounge By Karema Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 11:25am by GatuPR

Karema Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 36

So this may seem a little long but I need to vent before I hurt this man. So my husband and I bake every thrusday and friday and he has been helping be bc I'm on bedrest. Now this morning he wakes me up and says what do we need from the store because I'm making a list. I told him what I remembered and he left. Now he comes back and says that he only got one dozen of eggs. I say we have 4 already but are short a few eggs so he says he has to go back to the store for that and I told him to grab some brown sugar and a bar of german's chocolate. So he comes back no eggs but has brown sugar and chocolate. So he says dont worry I will go back. So I start mixing and realize we dont have enough baking soda also.

So I add the baking soda to the list along with another bar of chocolate. Now he leaves and calls me and ask what kind of chocolate and I tell him. Then he calls again but the phone fell between the couch and I couldnt reach it because I'm five months pregnant and cant get under the couch. So he gets back and says "I wanted to buy baking soda but couldnt find the container that we already have". So I say honey I brought that plastic container in NYC and I cant find it up here. I've been saving it and just refilling it to keep it fresher longer." I then said "You brought the last baking soda and saw me refill it and spill all over the counter" He then gets mad at me and starts yelling and telling me that I had the attitude of "Like DUH" Like he should have known. I said you should have known because I told you and you just forgot. It's no big deal you just forgot but dont yell at me and blame me for you forgetting. He was so mad and just stomped off and told me I just dont get it and I'm reflecting. I dont get what the heck he is talking about. I just got so mad and started crying because I know that this is not my fault. I told him that he is upset over something else and dont blame me. He told me why dont I ask him what is wrong instead of deflecting. So I say "Well what is wrong? Why are you so upset" He then says forget it because he shouldnt have to point me in the right direction and make me care about why he is upset. What?

I dont get it and I'm really pissed now. I told him just because he is in a bad mood it doesnt mean that he should make me angry so I can be mad with him. I'm telling you I've had enough. I think right now that he is acting like a jerk and an idiot. I'm going to go to the store myself so I can just leave him!!! Is it just me or has he lost it? Are other husbands this stupid? I just feel like crying and dont know what to do.

35 replies
michellenj Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 36

Don't we all want to kill our husbands at some point every day? Every home improvement project that we have goes tragically wrong, and costs us mega money to fix. Most recently, dh was replacing our broken front door knob, and drilled a hole in the wrong spot, ruined the door, and it's going to cost us like $1200 to fix it.

Hang in there, honey. STILL on bedrest? How much longer?

CakesByJen2 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 36

Sounds like my husband. HE screws up, then gets mad at me. I think they get embarrassed when they do something stupid and you know about it, so they get mad and take it out on us because they are embarrassed. Men are just big babies with ridiculously fragile egos.

Karema Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 36

Hopefully I won't be on bed rest much longer. I really am just ignoring him right now. I dont feel like being bothered with him.

Deb_ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #5 of 36

You all know that men get PMS too right? They just refuse to admit it, so they blame their moodiness on us. I only wish they'd get the period part too..........that would fix 'em! icon_evil.gif Can you just imagine them trying to get a tampon up their wienies?! tapedshut.gificon_lol.gif

Karema sweetie, IT"S HIM NOT YOU!! thumbs_up.gif Take care of yourself and that baby. icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:23am
post #6 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Can you just imagine them trying to get a tampon up their wienies?! tapedshut.gificon_lol.gif




icon_lol.gif I think I just woke up DH laughing. Anybody else get a mental image? icon_lol.gif

amy81 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #7 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Can you just imagine them trying to get a tampon up their wienies?! tapedshut.gificon_lol.gif




icon_lol.gif I think I just woke up DH laughing. Anybody else get a mental image? icon_lol.gif





icon_lol.gif ROFLMAO icon_lol.gif

Karema Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:27am
post #8 of 36

Well he finally apologized. He said that he was frustrated with the kids when he took them shopping because they ran around the store screaming and were horrible in the car. He also said that he was frustrated that he couldnt find the baking soda. I accepted his apology and told him that if he is having a moment he needs to tell me. Throw up a white flag or something and let me know he needs a moment away from the kids. He said ok he will. So for now that's over.

Thank you ladies for making me feel better. I really did lol when I read about them sticking tampons up their weinies. I then thought they should have to have childbirth as well and be pregnant for at least one child. That would really fix them.

JaimeAnn Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:20am
post #9 of 36

I have been married for 23 years . I learned a long time ago If I want something done and done right to do it myself. I don't even ask anymore.

He will surprise me every once in a while and do something that doesn't piss me off, but not often. haha For the most part I just let him go to work and bring in the $$$ and I do everything else. That way there is not much to argue about.

indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I have been married for 23 years . I learned a long time ago If I want something done and done right to do it myself. I don't even ask anymore.

He will surprise me every once in a while and do something that doesn't piss me off, but not often. haha For the most part I just let him go to work and bring in the $$$ and I do everything else. That way there is not much to argue about.




icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And that's how you can separate the newlyweds from us lifers! icon_lol.gif

You can throw a rock from my front porch and hit the back wall of walmart. But when I need something RIGHT NOW, will he pop over to walmart and get it for me? No ... because for some reason, he's TOO GOOD to shop there. He has to drive to the expensive grocery 20 minutes away. I keep reminding him we're not rich enough for him to be an Elitist! He also functions in one speed .... Too Slow.

So it's pretty much "I dont' have time for you to help me!" I do it myself and I know it's getting done.

CakesByJen2 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 36
Quote:
Quote:

He also functions in one speed .... Too Slow




Mine, too. We live like 2 blocks from Kroger. Yet no matter what I send my hubby to get, even just ONE item, it somehow takes him at least 30 minutes. I don't get it. If I just need one thing, I have made it there and back in 7 minutes. Why does it take him 30??

KKC Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #12 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

You all know that men get PMS too right? They just refuse to admit it, so they blame their moodiness on us. I only wish they'd get the period part too..........that would fix 'em! icon_evil.gif Can you just imagine them trying to get a tampon up their wienies?! tapedshut.gificon_lol.gif




Dkelly you are too much icon_lol.gif

I think men get PMS worse than women. Trying to get my husband to tell me why he's upset is like running into a brick wall, it gets me nowhere (all i get is a pounding headache) icon_mad.gif I'd sit there asking him whats wrong and i'd say 'now is your chance to tell me what the hell is bothering you...cause later i don't want to hear about it' And if I was upset about something he constantly asks whats wrong and he expects me to tell him right at that moment... icon_mad.gif

Karema, don't let him stress you out...you have a baby to worry about and of course you can't take care of your kids after your arrested for killing him icon_wink.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:26pm
post #13 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

Quote:
Quote:

He also functions in one speed .... Too Slow



Mine, too. We live like 2 blocks from Kroger. Yet no matter what I send my hubby to get, even just ONE item, it somehow takes him at least 30 minutes. I don't get it. If I just need one thing, I have made it there and back in 7 minutes. Why does it take him 30??





OMG! They get lost like there's no tomorrow! My hubby wanders around the store like it's las vegas and its his first time there! He has to look at everything! I don't even send him in for a gallon of milk because he'll be 45 mins late for dinner and will have spent $75 on nonsense. And my Dad is even worse! they are literally a half block away from the store and he will be gone for what seems like days when all he needed to get was some butter or some rolls for dinner! I've actually watched him walk down the street on his way home, staring up at the sky and looking at trees. Meanwhile we'll have a house full of people waiting for dinner to be served and everybody saying "where's Dad?"! Women don't have time for that kind of nonsense! icon_biggrin.gif
karema, I'm glad to hear Hubby got over his grumpiness! I can relate to trying to get kids in and out of a store. it can be such a pain and most times I'll be pissy but won't mention the reason to my hubby because I feel like i'm being petty.

JaimeAnn Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

Quote:
Quote:

He also functions in one speed .... Too Slow



Mine, too. We live like 2 blocks from Kroger. Yet no matter what I send my hubby to get, even just ONE item, it somehow takes him at least 30 minutes. I don't get it. If I just need one thing, I have made it there and back in 7 minutes. Why does it take him 30??




OMG! They get lost like there's no tomorrow! My hubby wanders around the store like it's las vegas and its his first time there! He has to look at everything! I don't even send him in for a gallon of milk because he'll be 45 mins late for dinner and will have spent $75 on nonsense. And my Dad is even worse! they are literally a half block away from the store and he will be gone for what seems like days when all he needed to get was some butter or some rolls for dinner! I've actually watched him walk down the street on his way home, staring up at the sky and looking at trees. Meanwhile we'll have a house full of people waiting for dinner to be served and everybody saying "where's Dad?"! Women don't have time for that kind of nonsense! icon_biggrin.gif
karema, I'm glad to hear Hubby got over his grumpiness! I can relate to trying to get kids in and out of a store. it can be such a pain and most times I'll be pissy but won't mention the reason to my hubby because I feel like i'm being petty.





"Wanders around the store like its Las Vegas" LMAO!!!!!!

Haahhaha Dont even get my husband near the tool dept.

You know whats worse , Actually going to Las Vegas with them.. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!


Karema- We aren't trying to scare you , its not that bad.. Glad he apologized he seems like a good guy just a bad day maybe.

I am not a "kid" person... I only have 1 and shes 21 now so I would probably have been pulling my hair out if I had taken the kids to the store with me.

But IMHO while you are pregers he (especially since you are on bed rest)
the kids and chores should be his to deal with, After all you are busy creating a HUMAN BEING... ahahhhah

Rest Up and try not to stress .. I do some light Yoga & meditating in the morning and it really helps me to deal with my clueless husband..

summernoelle Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #15 of 36

icon_lol.gif
We all get like this with our DH at some point. icon_lol.gif And I am sure being pregnant isn't helping! Don't worry, this will will get better. icon_lol.gif

margaretb Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:39pm
post #16 of 36

Always so nice to hear that I am not the only one in this boat.

My guess would be that maybe your tone was amused or frustrated when you spoke to him, and to him it sounded mocking or scolding. Or maybe your tone WAS neutral, but as someone said, he was embarrassed about being such a fool.

I live on a farm. One day, my husband said he was going to take the garbage to the dumpster (we didn't have one in our yard at the time, so he had to go about 3 miles to use the county one). He was gone for FIVE HOURS! The other thing he does is he will go and help our neighbour. He will tell him how long he will be -- say 45 minutes. He is ALWAYS at least twice as long. I don't care, but eventually I will start to think, well, what if there was an accident and he is lying injured in the field, so I will eventually cave and call him. He will answer the phone and say, "Oh, I'm done now, I'll be home in 5 minutes", as if he has just that minute finished whatever task. In the background, I can hear the neighbours kids and the conversation, so I KNOW that he is sitting at their kitchen table visiting. Good grief.

Shelle_75 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #17 of 36

My favorite funny hubby thing is when they are going to fix something or build something, and they give you their "estimate" of what it's going to cost you. After 14 years of marriage, I automatically multiply whatever bargain price he gives me by three.


Sorry Kareema, didn't mean to make it about me! I guess since we've all got 'em, we all need to vent about 'em once in a while!

Your hubby should totally know by now not to mess with a preggo mamma!!

indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

Women don't have time for that kind of nonsense!



oh my gosh now you've done it!

When we first moved to Indy, it took me awhile to learn how to get anywhere that didn't involve getting on a highway. Hubby, in the meantime, had a job where he had to drive the whole city all the time, so he learned all the backroads.

One time we were arguing over something stupid and he said, "I consider it a sign of INTELLIGENCE to know more than one way of getting home."

Now, you can call me fat and you can call me ugly, but don't you EVER call me stupid! icon_mad.gif

I pointed out (quite loudly) that while he had the luxury of tootling home on the back roads on the way home (read "Mr. Magoo driver"), *I* had to fight rush hour traffic on the freeway to get to the daycare before deadline to pick up OUR daughter. *I* had to sit in an office all day while *HE* got to tootle around town all day exploring back roads! I was going down his throat and up his a$$ as the same time!

I think it was one of the few times he was actually afraid of me. icon_wink.gif

Karema Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:11pm
post #19 of 36

My husband goes somewhere and takes hours to come back as well. One day he had to go to work and he had been thinking about quitting for a while because he was misarble. Well he gets ready to leave the house and tells me he is stopping by his sisters to ask her if she is coming over our house because she doesnt have a phone.

Well he leaves and around 2 hours later his job calls looking for him. I say he left at 7:30 am and should be there. Well at 10:30 they were still looking for him. I was so worried. I called the police station to see if there were any accidents. I called the hospitals. I called his mother. I called everyone I could think of.

Well in He walks at around 11:00 like hi honey. I went off on him thinking something happened to him. He just looks at me and says "Well shouldnt you give me a hug since you were so worried and I'm ok?" That man almost died that day!

michellenj Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm
post #20 of 36

My husband is the one who, when I asked if he could vac the stairs after I cleaned the basement, 4 bathrooms, all the bedrooms, and polished the furniture, gets the leaf blower instead! Scared the hell out of our golden retriever (blew her, too, which was an explosion of hair) and blew the dust/dirt/hair all through the house, and the exhaust filled up the house with a rank smell and also set off our smoke detectors.

Debi's husband said he was a dumba$$, too!

koolaidstains Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #21 of 36

Karema,

It's got to be tough to be on bedrest. I can't imagine what it must be like. I never had any problems with my pregnancies. Please keep in mind that what I'm replying to is based on just what you wrote. Obviously I don't know the whole dynamic of your marriage.

Is it possible that being on bedrest and having to bake is just a little stressful? Is it possible that when you talk to dh it doesn't come out in the nicest manner? From your message I heard you have a dh who is willing to help you bake, go shopping (and take the kids, HUGE kudos for that) and then go back 2-3 times when he screws up. And maybe, just maybe he gets upset when it seems like you're criticizing him? Sure, he shouldn't have yelled and had his little hissy fit, but I honestly think that he wasn't the only one needing to apologize!

Have you told him recently how much you appreciate his help and his willingness to do these things? A little compliment can go a long way. So can a little humility.

Karema Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:03pm
post #22 of 36

Have you told him recently how much you appreciate his help and his willingness to do these things? A little compliment can go a long way. So can a little humility.[/quote]

So I should thank him for what I have to do everyday? Not that I dont appreciate what he does and I often tell him thank you, but I've never gotten why we as women should pat them on the head everytime they go to the store to buy stuff for the house they live in or take care of the kids that they help created.

I always appreciate what my husband does but he also takes for granted that I do this all the time and wonders why I'm so tired when I'm at home because like he says "You get to sit and relax when you are at home." I've been a stay at home mom for 5 years and my husband rarely wants to lift a finger. He hates dishes, laundry, sweeping vacuuming cleaning the bathroom or making dinner. I've been running around after that man for years and cleaning up his clothes off the floor and cleaning the toilet when he doesnt think to do so.

I also have cooked dinner almost everynight and do the laundry. I did all of this while doing a business to make extra money for the family when we both started this business and he decided he didnt feel like doing it anymore. So I got to be on bedrest for a month and he gets all pissy? While on bedrest I still baked because he lost his job and I have to support the family. So should he help? You bet he should! He should help with everything that is needed to be done without a complaint because like he said "He is at home everyday and he does get to relax." Right?

Now all that being said, I love my husband and I'm glad that we are doing this business together. I'm proud of him that he has finally stepped up to the plate and started helping out alot more. Was I annoyed that day we got into the argument? NO! I found it hilarious and was saying it jokingly. He didnt like the fact that I found it funny but it was funny. It wasnt any thing to get upset about. So he forgot that I brought the container in NYC, so what? My husband is the one that always asked me "why cant you go to the store with the kids while I'm not here? It's not that hard for you to get things done just put them in the car" I wish he would take his own advice.

Now I graciously step off my soap box! LOL

indydebi Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:55pm
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

So I should thank him for what I have to do everyday? Not that I dont appreciate what he does and I often tell him thank you, but I've never gotten why we as women should pat them on the head everytime they go to the store to buy stuff for the house they live in or take care of the kids that they help created.




A-FREAKIN'-MEN, SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of my women friends and I talk about this all the time! They take out the trash ONE time and they follow you around the house like Garfield's dog-friend, Odie, their tongue hanging out of their mouth as they pester you with "Did you notice I emptied the trash? Huh? Huh? Did ya? Did ya see? Did ya? The trash is empty! And I did it all by myself? Ain't I great? Am I? Am I? Right? RIght? Pat me on the head and scratch my belly 'coz I'm such a good boy!"

I'm sick of men thinking I should just DO it, but if THEY do it, then oh my god look how wonderful they are, and let's check and see where we're going to hand their blue ribbon!

ceshell Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #24 of 36

debi and karema, you two just made my day with those last two posts icon_smile.gif

Image

KKC Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

So I should thank him for what I have to do everyday? Not that I dont appreciate what he does and I often tell him thank you, but I've never gotten why we as women should pat them on the head everytime they go to the store to buy stuff for the house they live in or take care of the kids that they help created.



A-FREAKIN'-MEN, SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of my women friends and I talk about this all the time! They take out the trash ONE time and they follow you around the house like Garfield's dog-friend, Odie, their tongue hanging out of their mouth as they pester you with "Did you notice I emptied the trash? Huh? Huh? Did ya? Did ya see? Did ya? The trash is empty! And I did it all by myself? Ain't I great? Am I? Am I? Right? RIght? Pat me on the head and scratch my belly 'coz I'm such a good boy!"

I'm sick of men thinking I should just DO it, but if THEY do it, then oh my god look how wonderful they are, and let's check and see where we're going to hand their blue ribbon!





icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:43am
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

They take out the trash ONE time and they follow you around the house like Garfield's dog-friend, Odie, their tongue hanging out of their mouth as they pester you with "Did you notice I emptied the trash? Huh? Huh? Did ya? Did ya see? Did ya? The trash is empty! And I did it all by myself? Ain't I great? Am I? Am I? Right? Right? Pat me on the head and scratch my belly 'coz I'm such a good boy!"

I'm sick of men thinking I should just DO it, but if THEY do it, then oh my god look how wonderful they are, and let's check and see where we're going to hand their blue ribbon!




That right there is the plain truth, girl!

I remember once when my middle son was two or so, my husband put him down for his nap. THE FIRST TIME HE EVER PUT ONE OF OUR KIDS DOWN FOR A NAP. And he says to me (after he strutted out of the kids' room like he was King Turd of You-Know-What-Mountain), "Maybe you should do xyz when you put them down, it's easier." And I'm thinking, our oldest is six, I've put kids down for like, two thousand naps now, and YOU'RE giving ME your nap wisdom?!!??! I could have smacked his face.

koolaidstains Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #27 of 36

Yes, we should pat them on the back. And YES, they should be kissing the ground we walk on! My point is that it's a two way street. I have four kids and I'm a stay at home mom and I've had my own business. Guess what? I'm a little familiar with things. You know what else? I've got a dh who is sometimes clueless and doesn't always get what it is to be me! You know what else? I don't always stop to think what it is to be him. What it is for him to be the sole or main source of money or the stress that can cause. See the two way street? I'm not saying pat him on the back and walk away. I'm saying pat him on the back while you're asking for a back rub.

In the past, I got pissed enough at dh and how he didn't get me that I walked out the door and stayed at a hotel for a couple days. So, he got my message pretty quick, but honestly my message was not delivered in the best manner. Right now I've got a dh who doesn't get home from work and think his job is done. He helps with chores, helps with the kids, and I can leave the house for a day or more and not be afraid of what I'll find when I get home. Does he still sometimes treat me like I have it easy. You bet. Do I still sometimes treat him like he has it easy? Absol-freakin-lutely. I still think we mothers have the hardest jobs on earth.

I just think that we need to give what we also want to receive. And sometimes we need to ask for what we want to receive on order to get it.

Karema Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #28 of 36

Koolaidstains I do agree that we both should care about each other. It sounds to me that our situation is a little different right now. When my husband did work I use to tell him how great he was. Now that he is not working I still tell him how great he is. My point is that we both have our roles and it pisses me off when he makes light of what I do then when he has to do it his whole world ends. If the thinks it's easy to take the kids out then why should he get upset when he takes them out. Do you know how many times I've gone grocery shopping with my kids then come home and make dinner, clean up afterwards and then put them to bed? Hundreds of times. He should understand that just because he has to keep going to the store for his mistakes doesnt give him the right to be pissy about it. Brush it off and keep on going. I know for a fact that I dont take him for granted and that is why we have a strong marriage. Does he get on my nerve sometimes yes! That was the point of my op. He did something that irked me and I wanted a friend or two to console me. The point is that he snapped at me and ruined my day by yelling and going off on me for no reason that had anything to do with me.

Deb_ Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaidstains

Karema,

From your message I heard you have a dh who is willing to help you bake, go shopping (and take the kids, HUGE kudos for that) and then go back 2-3 times when he screws up. And maybe, just maybe he gets upset when it seems like you're criticizing him?




Well if they'd get it right the FIRST time they wouldn't have to go back 2 or 3 times, right?

I'm with indy and karema. I was laid up for 8wks 2 different times when I had foot surgery..........my dh had to do the running around with our 2 kids because I couldn't drive when my right foot was in a cast.

I swear he wanted to be rewarded the Nobel Prize for doing what I've done our entire marriage (26 yrs). Yes, he's the main bread winner in the family, but it's only because I've picked up the slack at home with the house and kids that he's been able to grow in his career. I did all this and ran/own a successful hair salon/spa to boot, plus make cakes and keep my house immaculate. Can you say "multi-tasker"?

Remember this......Behind every successful man there's a VERY supportive woman.

My dh's shirts, ties and suits are all drycleaned, washed and pressed for him each week so that he can look his best at the office. He probably wouldn't even know the way to the dry cleaner's if you asked him.

I'm tired of the idea that we need to be the "little woman" who's supposed to bow at our husband's feet and "thank" them whenever they do 1 thing.

It's still a "man's world"! Praise works both ways. I'm fortunate that my DH does appreciate what I do, and in turn I feel the same about him........and we're not afraid to tell each other.

KKC Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:24pm
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaidstains

Karema,

From your message I heard you have a dh who is willing to help you bake, go shopping (and take the kids, HUGE kudos for that) and then go back 2-3 times when he screws up. And maybe, just maybe he gets upset when it seems like you're criticizing him?



Well if they'd get it right the FIRST time they wouldn't have to go back 2 or 3 times, right?

I'm with indy and karema. I was laid up for 8wks 2 different times when I had foot surgery..........my dh had to do the running around with our 2 kids because I couldn't drive when my right foot was in a cast.

I swear he wanted to be rewarded the Nobel Prize for doing what I've done our entire marriage (26 yrs). Yes, he's the main bread winner in the family, but it's only because I've picked up the slack at home with the house and kids that he's been able to grow in his career. I did all this and ran/own a successful hair salon/spa to boot, plus make cakes and keep my house immaculate. Can you say "multi-tasker"?

Remember this......Behind every successful man there's a VERY supportive woman.

My dh's shirts, ties and suits are all drycleaned, washed and pressed for him each week so that he can look his best at the office. He probably wouldn't even know the way to the dry cleaner's if you asked him.

I'm tired of the idea that we need to be the "little woman" who's supposed to bow at our husband's feet and "thank" them whenever they do 1 thing.

It's still a "man's world"! Praise works both ways. I'm fortunate that my DH does appreciate what I do, and in turn I feel the same about him........and we're not afraid to tell each other.





Well said thumbs_up.gif ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%