13 Pages

Decorating By stampinron Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 11:56am by stampinron

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 8

of voting...but I'm done. Good luck to everyone who entered the baby shower cake contest. There are alot of good looking cakes out there!

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 8

well done! i think im on page 5 now...
xx

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 8

do they just post the name of the winner of the gift certificate or do they post the total number of stars for all the cakes?

icon_confused.gif

brincess_b Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 8

i think they just anounce 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the newsletter, i havent seen anything anywhere else about other results.
part of me wants to know... the other part worries how my cake would do!
xx

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 8

me too I kinda don't want to know if noone likes my cake icon_cry.gif

but for the last contest I spent hours voting on each pic and then realized that if it's only the winner (or eve 1,2 and 3) then why vote for them all, just vote the 4 and 5 stars?

does that make any sense? icon_confused.gif

brincess_b Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 8

yeah, that realisation hit me today too. it seems a bit daft trawling the pages, when the cakes that dont win, dont really 'count'.
not really sure how to deal with that though!
xx

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 8

Yeah, it's a lot of pics to go through.

Now, I've got a system...

I'll search through the thumbnails and if one catches my attention, I'll click on it. If I've clicked on it, it automatically receives 1 star. If I give more than 1 star it will be based on what I see and how much I like it, or the complexity of the technique or design etc.

But yeah, way too many pics to go through each one and rate them individually. For me, this system works or else I may not even be inclined to vote at all lol.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:56am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlin28

Yeah, it's a lot of pics to go through.

Now, I've got a system...

I'll search through the thumbnails and if one catches my attention, I'll click on it. If I've clicked on it, it automatically receives 1 star. If I give more than 1 star it will be based on what I see and how much I like it, or the complexity of the technique or design etc.

But yeah, way too many pics to go through each one and rate them individually. For me, this system works or else I may not even be inclined to vote at all lol.

Ditto, I do the same except for no one gets an automatic star. hope that is not harsh. I say I'd look at 40-50% of them though. Some times a thumbnail doesn't do a pic justice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%