Wilton 101 Cookie Cutter Set

Baking By trishalynn0708 Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 12:25am by TammyH

trishalynn0708 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 11

I just bought this today and I am loving all of the cookie cutters. Especially the letters. Does anyone else have this? My son and I are making sugar cookies and they make the nicest cuts!! Does anyone know where I can look where anyone has used these cookie cutters? Or you could e-mail me at toddntrisha@verizon.net I would love to see!

10 replies
starcitycakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 11

I've been trying to get up the nerve to buy that set. Wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not. What all comes in it other than letters and numbers

Lcubed82 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 11

I used my W101 cutters for this bouquet. Lettering, small butterfly, some flower parts were cut from NFSC, then MMF cut for decorating. My only problem with plastic cutters is they tend to leave a little ragged edge, which I used a skewer to scrape away. Not hard, just bothersome.

I used my Michaels' coupon to get mine, so the price was definitely right. And now I have a good collection to build from.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 11

I'm not a big cookie maker... But I have used the daisy cutter to make the cookie ouquets that went with my "crazy daisies" cake.

I also used the train, car and airplane to cut out the fondant pieces for my son's first birthday cake (Planes, trains and automobiles). And the hearts to make my fondant cut outs for the patchwork conversation hearts cake. I used the various rounds all the time for cake related things as well. icon_smile.gif

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 11
Originally Posted by starcitycakes

I've been trying to get up the nerve to buy that set. Wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not. What all comes in it other than letters and numbers

Holiday shapes(valentines,easter,4th of july,halloween,christmas)
Animal shapes(bear,dog/dog bone,duck,fish,dinosaurs)
Sports shapes(football,baseball,trophy)
and some others

I got my set from Wal-Mart and most of the time i use them for fondant cut-outs.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 11

Oh, and I've used them to make rice krispie treats cut-outs too. The Halloween cutters...

Pebbles13 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 11

Hi trishalynn!
I started out with the set of 100 Wilton's plastic cutters, and have made many cookies with them. Flowers, Halloween, Christmas, dogs - you name it. But let me warn you...it will be the beginning of a pretty serious addiction icon_confused.gif I bought them last May and now own over 300 cookie cutters icon_eek.gif The Wilton set has the basic shapes, numbers and letters to get you started. Have fun with it icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 11

My MIL bought them for me for Christmas one year. I used the Easter egg cutter to do the eggs that I just posted this week. (Sorry, I tried to attach a link to them, but it didn't work. I'm hopelessly computer challenged! Check my photos to see the cookies. They were alot of fun to do).

sadsmile Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:19pm
post #9 of 11

Yes these work. I use them with fondant. I find to get rid of jagged edges you need to push firmly down and shuffle it around just a touch like little quick circles, a shimmy and shake- before you lift up the cutter. And there is an acurate picture on the side of the box as to all the goodies inside. I got mine for less then $8 bucks at walmart. somebody must have marked it down wrong.. icon_lol.gif

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #10 of 11

I have them too and I just love them! I have to keep them in tupperware bins under my bed, cause my toddler (17 months old) loves them too. He is always trying to lose them. I couldn't take it anymore...I had to make sure they were safe. LOL. And I'm supposed to be teaching him to share. HA.

TammyH Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #11 of 11

I have them and LOVE them. I would actually consider them one of my "must have" items. I've used them for everything from cookies, brownies, rice krispies, fondant (ALL the time!), marking designs on cakes, ... I also love the fact that they are plastic and dont loose their shape when I dump them in the box.

I keep them in my kitchen with the picture of the cutters facing out. That way I can quickly look to see if it has a design I can use.

PS to get a clean-cut with fondant, I usually cut the fondant and then pick it up (the fondant sticking in the cutter) and run my finger around the cutter to clean up the edges. Then I tap it on the counter and have the fondant "fall" out (so the shape dosnt get distorted).

Quote by @%username% on %date%