Would You Be A Vendor?

Decorating By koppeskreations Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm by mommicakes

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

I just have a quick question for you all. I have the opportunity to be vendor at our towns 1st annual community event. It is only a $25 deposit. Now my question is if I do this, do I go all out, cookies, mini cakes, cupcakes, mini cupcakes, etc..?

I am pretty sure there will be nobody else there with sweets, its at the end of June so the weather may not be so bad humidity wise, and I think would be huge advertisement. I would love to open a specialty sweet shop some day in the near 2-3 years.

Would you do it?

Thanks

Nikki

7 replies
Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 8

I would absolutely do it!! I would not do so many things that it stresses me out, especially if I was going to be the only vendor offering sweets. Just do enough to show your versatility, and enjoy yourself!! Have fun, and I wish you much luck! thumbs_up.gif

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 8

I sure would, and if it's going to be the only sweets booth, I would try some pastries also. Sounds like a fun thing to do!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 8

Only if you're licensed. Then by all means, go for it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 8

$25 is a tiny fee to pay for that kind of advertisement. I'd be all over that one. Think about keeping it kind of simple though. A cupcake tower would probably be an eye catcher. What ever your specialty is. Also you can have pictures displayed in inexpensive frames on the table for a nice effect.

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks all for the replies. One mentioned the part of being licensed. That is one thing, I am not licensed, our state is one of the few that does not require to be licensed until you make a certain dollar amount in sales.

So that is one part I have reservations about.

Thanks
Nikki

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 8

you could simply explain that to people should they ask...go for it and enjoy. Maybe you'll hit that $ amount with all the exposure you get, then you can become licenced icon_smile.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 8

You bet your last cupcake I would. Jump at any chance like that, that you can. It would be wonderful advertising for you. good luck, and post pics of your table. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%