Cover A Cake Board

Decorating By Sunbubbles Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm by Sunbubbles

Sunbubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunbubbles Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

As I look around on this site and others, I see some beautifully covered cake boards, and it looks so simple! Im upset that I dont know how to do this seemingly easy task.icon_surprised.gif Can any body tell me or post a link that shows how to cover a cake board in fondant? Thanks so much in advance!

5 replies
drurys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drurys Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6

Not sure what everyone else does, but here is what I do:
I have my Dad cut 18inch square boards out of the cheapest plywood I can get. I then use tissue paper or at times fabric to cover the board (tape or staple gun). And then the best part is I use clear contact paper to cover the tissue or fabric. Works like a charm and I have never tried anything else!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 6

You just roll out the fondant and slap it on the boardicon_smile.gif
Actually I haven't done many boards covered in fondant but what few I have done it was a very simple thing......roll out fondant, place on lightly dampened board and cut off excess. Place a ribbon round the edge to cover the board and make it look prettyicon_smile.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

You just roll out the fondant and slap it on the boardicon_smile.gif

Yep! icon_lol.gif

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 6

some of my boards are covered with wrapping paper, then with contact or saran wrap and glued by a glue stick or tape on the backside. Press N Seal works pretty good too. I also have found some vinyl sheets for 50 cents at Michaels in the fabric aisle.

Sunbubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunbubbles Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm
post #6 of 6

OOOOHHH! Yall make it sound so simple! LOL Im gonna try a few thins weekend. Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%