Cookie Bouquet Advice?

Baking By Boofycakes Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 6:19pm by -Tubbs

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 7

I've made small cookie Bouquets in coffee mugs, and I wrapped it as a whole in clear plastic and with a bow at the top. But for this weekend I'm donating a large bouquet in a bucket of about 18-20 cookies. Should I individually wrap each cookie and stick them into my bucket? or should I just wrap the whole thing in plastic?

This is going to be on display for a silent auction. I wont be at the auction, or putting the cookies out on display. I'm giving it to one of the people involved with the event and they will be delivering it. I guess my two concerns are:
1) if i wrap it all together, I hope no one will be stupid enough to pick it up from the top gathered plastic, they need to hold it from the bottom.
2) if I wrap the cookies individually, I'm concerned about someone swiping a cookie from the bouquet (I know there will be children at this event).
What are your thoughts? I'll be putting the bouquet together tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 7

I would individually wrap them so they stay fresh, but I would also cover the whole thing with basket wrap. Just make sure to tell whoever you deliver it to, not to carry from the top.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 7

i would wrap the whole bouquet. Because there will be children there, I would worry about one being taken out. You can attach a small sticky note asking for it to be transported by the base only.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 7

I would wrap them individually and then you can wrap the whole thing up. It would keep them fresh wrapped that way and be a nice presentation icon_biggrin.gif

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the advice! This is the first large bouquet that I've done, the smaller ones were to small for the cookies to be individually wrapped, so I just wrapped the whole thing. But I think I'll take the advice and individually wrap the cookies and wrap the whole thing.

Thanks everyone!

-Boofycakes

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:19am
post #6 of 7

Yep, I also would wrap individually and then wrap the whole basket.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7

Ditto the double wrapping. The first large bouquet I did, I didn't wrap the cookies individually, only the whole arrangement. I got feedback that the cookies were a bit hard. I was embarrassed - since then EVERY cookie gets wrapped!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%