Cake Pricing

Decorating By pbertone1005 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm by cakechica27

pbertone1005 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 3

Can someone give me an idea of how much to charge for this cake? Three layers 12" 8" and 6" all torted and filled. One banana cake with banana creme filling, one chocolate cake with oreo filling and the last chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. All basketweave (Easter Theme, first birthday) fondant accents, bows, bunny, daisys, butterflies, number one, and swag with birthday wishes. I would appreciate any input. Thank you, Pat

2 replies
Mencked Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 3

I charge per serving. You can figure the number of servings by clicking on the articles tab here at CC and scrolling down to find the charts for cake servings. The price you charge per serving will depend on the area you live in. Call around to see what other bakeries in your area charge....note that I said bakeries, not grocery stores icon_smile.gif! I then add a per serving cost for specialty fillings--.25/serving is what I charge, but you also need to know exactly how much it is costing you to make this cake, and set your prices accordingly. I'd also add for the additional fondant accents, bow, etc........ depending on how intricate they are. The first step would be to see what others in your area charge. It will vary widely depending on your location!!!!

cakechica27 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 3

Sounds delicious! Do you usually charge by serving? My detailed fondant cakes start at $3 per serving. If you're going to be making several cakes to sell, I would develop a price list soon. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%