Confectionarys Glaze? How To Get It Out Of A Brush!

Baking By weirkd Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm by weirkd

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 8

Is there a way to get this stuff off brushes or should I kiss the brush goodbye?! Ive tried boiling hot water and sticking the brush in that but that didnt work! Any ideas?

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 8

Is it homemade or store bought? What are the ingredients?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 8

Store bought. Its from CK Products. Sorry it took me so long to answer back, I couldnt find the post until someone on here told me that there was a button on the home page!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:13am
post #4 of 8
weirkd Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #5 of 8

Oh well. Did you read the ingredients of that stuff? Thats the same stuff you use to take off fake nails and acrylic nails!! Yikes! Maybe I will try sticking my brush in nail polish remover!!!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 8

You can clean it with everclear. I'm not sure how well it will work now that you have tried cleaning it with water first.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:33am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Oh well. Did you read the ingredients of that stuff? Thats the same stuff you use to take off fake nails and acrylic nails!! Yikes! Maybe I will try sticking my brush in nail polish remover!!!

And they call it edible? Sounds scary to me. Isn't there a recipe for Confectioner's Glaze in the archives?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 8

Water doesnt work on it. Its literally like a lacquer or shallack or something.
I dont see how its considered edible but who knows! They say that silicone is not to be eaten but the poison control center says that it can be eaten and doesnt harm you. (my daughter had put the little packet from a shoe box in her mouth when she was 2 while my husband was "watching" her.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%