Airbrush Ice Cream Cake??

Decorating By pumpkin112 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm by sweetcakes

pumpkin112 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:52am
post #1 of 3

I wanted to know if anyone tried this. Has anyone ever airbrushed a purchased ice cream cake like the ones from dairy queen. The cake is sort of plan and I wanted to jazz up the plain white. Thank you in advance

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 3

I think it would react the same way that a frozen regular cake would..Here is what happened.I made a cake for a customer and discovered it was for the wrong I froze it!! I airbrushed the background sky etc...I thought "Great" all I have to do is take it out for a few hours and it will be ready to go!!! It's a good thing I did that the day before.Once the cake started coming to room temp the airbrush color started to bead in drops of color so I hd to redo the cake!!I would think the same thing would happen once the ice cream cake starts to get soft.HTH

sweetcakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 3

yep, it will bead up when it comes to room temp. i dont even like to refrigerate a cake thats been airbrushed. how about using sprinkles or just regular icing streamers to jazz up the ice cream cake, (Icing streamers is done with a bag with a very small hole cut in the end so the icing comes out all wiggley, generally hanging off the edgeof the cake)

Quote by @%username% on %date%