Can Anyone Tell Me Why...

Decorating By melhoneybee Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 2:35am by gscout73

melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:28am
post #1 of 31

all the ads on this website seem to be for uhhem natural male enhancement?! icon_redface.gif Everytime I log on, it's the first thing I see! LOL

30 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 31

Hmmm...I never see that!! I wonder what is up!!

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 31

I havenât seen any of the male enhancements ads, but I have been seeing Clinique/Dillards ads and a lot of weight loss ones. Today I also noticed an ad for Kaspersky virus protection. I had a worm on my computer a few days ago and I ran Kasperskyâs free virus checkup. Hummmmmâ¦. makes me wonder if someone is looking at my cookies icon_redface.gif

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 31

Most random ad generators just take key words from the website and pop up an ad. Not sure why male enhancement would be top of that list though... LOL!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 31

I've never noticed a male enhancement ad either! I see Today Show, Lifetime TV, and Experian.

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:30pm
post #6 of 31

I have no idea why either! I thought it was the strangest thing to be advertising something like that on a site that is primarily for women! icon_lol.gif It is interesting though that not everyone sees the same thing! I do know we have some sort of virus/bug thing happening right now that my hubs is trying to fix, so maybe that is what is causing the icon_redface.gif ads?!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 31

that's strange! I get ads for weight loss, two bakeries, the today show and usually one other misc ad like lane bryant or just today I see its proactiv, but never male enhancement

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:40pm
post #8 of 31

How odd - i just see the Global Sugarart Ad and a Today ad - i think the *today* is for a show that must be on over in the US.

Come to think of it i have never seen any other ads except for GSA and the *today* one.

*shrugs*

Bh
icon_smile.gif

ChelleK73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChelleK73 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #9 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I wonder what is up!!

LMAO! icon_biggrin.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:45pm
post #10 of 31

maybe we talk about cake enhancers too much?? LOL

i ALWAYS see global sugar art and that girl with the curly hair "WHO LOST 30 LBS IN 2 WEEKS BY FOLLOWING ONE RULE" i'm so sick of seeing her....

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:55pm
post #11 of 31

Yea, Well I am so sick of seeing the girls with the shocked looks on their faces at the supposed "enhanced" state of things! icon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:57pm
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccicola

i ALWAYS see and that girl with the curly hair "WHO LOST 30 LBS IN 2 WEEKS BY FOLLOWING ONE RULE" i'm so sick of seeing her....

Mine is the "lost 25 lbs ... as seen on CNN". SHe has curly hair, so it may be the same one. I'm sick of seeing her because she looks EXACTLY like my youngest sister. I mean spitting identical twin image of her! icon_eek.gif I mean, geesh, if I wanted to stare at my sister all day, I'd actually go visit her. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:06pm
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleK73

Quote:

I wonder what is up!!

LMAO! icon_biggrin.gif

OMG! I just got this! You guys KILL me! hehe

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccicola

i ALWAYS see and that girl with the curly hair "WHO LOST 30 LBS IN 2 WEEKS BY FOLLOWING ONE RULE" i'm so sick of seeing her....

Mine is the "lost 25 lbs ... as seen on CNN". SHe has curly hair, so it may be the same one. I'm sick of seeing her because she looks EXACTLY like my youngest sister. I mean spitting identical twin image of her! icon_eek.gif I mean, geesh, if I wanted to stare at my sister all day, I'd actually go visit her. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's mine too!! I don't know anyone that she resemble, but I'm surely tired of seeing her!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:14pm
post #15 of 31
Quote:

Quote:

I wonder what is up!!

LMAO! icon_biggrin.gif

Me too!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #16 of 31

I think you have some spyware. Most of the time they offer a free scan is because they are leaching into yor system.

I think CC has more class than to allow those types of ads.

But on the subject of ads... I am soo tired of seeing the fat bulge from the ad its bad enough I have to see mine when i take a shower but to see someone elses yuck..

Just think about her telling people" I do commercial ads you may have seen my rolls". haha

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm
post #17 of 31

I think the male enhancement ads might have been put in by the hubby who is lonely due to all the time we are spending looking and talking cakes. It's a way for them to be remembered!

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD

Just think about her telling people" I do commercial ads you may have seen my rolls". haha

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif LMBO!!!

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #19 of 31

How about the ads with the big yellow teeth! icon_eek.gif Lets all visit their site!

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastryjen

I think the male enhancement ads might have been put in by the hubby who is lonely due to all the time we are spending looking and talking cakes. It's a way for them to be remembered!

awww how sad, but sooo true, this CC thing is starting to turn into an addiction! It is a good thing that they have posted that warning that this is a "highly addictive site", or I might have had to sue for not being able to get my laundry done! icon_rolleyes.gif

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #21 of 31

I haven't seen the male enhancement one, but just once, I saw an add on here for an all-male dating site icon_confused.gif

I didn't think it was a big deal, I just thought it was odd to see that advertised on a cake website...maybe they were thinking beefcake... icon_lol.gif

melhoneybee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyoung5

maybe they were thinking beefcake... icon_lol.gif

OMG! Stop it! I might die from laughing too hard!! icon_biggrin.gif

wily_kitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wily_kitt Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:43pm
post #23 of 31

I keep getting ads for World of Warcraft, which is creepy to me cause I just quit playing that game last week, My hubby thinks that they saw me move most of my online time to CC and followed me icon_confused.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:12pm
post #24 of 31

Get Mozilla Foxfire browser and add Adblock a you won't see any of them! Sometimes when I'm having 'problems' with Cake Central loading, I switch over to IE or Safari browsers....and all the ads are there!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:13pm
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily_kitt

I keep getting ads for World of Warcraft, which is creepy to me cause I just quit playing that game last week, My hubby thinks that they saw me move most of my online time to CC and followed me icon_confused.gif

Thats gotta be it!

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #26 of 31

The girl in the weight loss ad I see looks exactly like Caroline Rhea!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #27 of 31

Do you have a pop up blocker? If not that might be why you seeing what no one else is seeing.

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:17pm
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupcakenameddesire

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder what is up!!

LMAO! icon_biggrin.gif

OMG! I just got this! You guys KILL me! hehe

OK. I am slow. I just got this also! Too funny!

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #29 of 31

ROFL.........(my stomach hurts now..)

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily_kitt

That's all I've been seeing for a quite some time now.me. It's annoying the heck out of me because it just reminds me how much time my DH spends playing it everyday since he discovered it in Dec (way more than I spend here icon_lol.gif ) .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%