Dancing With The Stars 09

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 25 May 2009 , 12:10pm by veejaytx

veejaytx Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:25am
post #1 of 56

Thought I'd start a thread for DWTS, hope some of you have been watching.
Lots of injuries already.

As usual a few really good, a few pretty good, a few so-so, and a couple not so good!

55 replies
Ohara Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:06am
post #2 of 56

I'm watching. I was not sorry to see that Belinda Carlisle was voted off. Still a little early for me to have a favorite. I love this show. It will be interesting to see how many other injuries happen.

veejaytx Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:10am
post #3 of 56

Tonight's The Night! Hope everybody is healthy to perform tonight and no more injuries.

Yes, it is a little early for one couple to really stand out, there are several possibilities, makes it more interesting, I think.

veejaytx Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:28am
post #4 of 56

I was a little disappointed in the whole show last night, but it may just have been my mood. I'd shopped at Walmart yesterday and my whole body was/is stiff and sore and I couldn't sleep last night for the pain.

It was very obvious SteveO was in pain, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have to drop out soon. Also, think Steve W will be the one voted off tonight. He is so funny he is cute, but his dancing...please!

My two favorites are Melissa from Dallas, and Gilles Morini, with Shawn Johnson in 3rd place. Ty is definitely getting better, he might surprise us even more as the show goes on.

Ohara Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 56

I have to agree. I didn't think that the show was great. I also thought that SteveO was in awful pain. I wonder if he will drop out.

I am hoping that Steve W will be voted out. I know he is having fun, but he is also hurting as he keeps injuring himself as well.

The playboy bunny (Holly I think) could be gone anytime for me also. Not a fan of her.

It will be interesting to see who actually gets voted out tonight.

tracycakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 56

I love to watch Gilles! He can really move. icon_lol.gif Poor Denise. That girl just cannot move her hips, but I have to say, if I was dancing was Max, I would be afraid too. icon_lol.gif

cakes22 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 56

I'm not to keen on anyone yet.
I find it kinda funny that Steve-O who is known for Jack-A$$, gets hurt by his mic-pack and slamming his ankle into the stairs, yet he can staple his nipple to a piece of wood, or get a nail gun shot at him and he is able to continue....I'm just saying.

I am really disappointed in Dennis R. I thought she would be able to move & not be so stiff looking. Ouch, it hurts to watch.

I like Shawn J.

I would love to see Tom Bergeron (host) dance. He's a riot.

misserica Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 56

I love this show!

I thought Denise could have stayed one more week and Holly should have gone last night. She is stiff as a board. Denise is not that much better but I love Max!!

I do not have a favorite yet but I do like Melissa and Gilles too!

I think next week it should be Holly or Steve W to go. Steve-O is pretty bad too! But I am addicted I can not stop watching!

veejaytx Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 56

I also thought Holly would go before Denise, and was very surprised that Steve W got to stay. I did read he has something like 60,000 members of his website who are very dedicated...makes a big difference at voting timel!

Lyn's saying that Holly was like a match, hot on top and wooden on bottom was very accurate. She did step up and improve last night though. I think SteveO was very happy that they weren't in the bottom two and have to dance last night!

Did anybody else see a costume uh oh on Monday night? I am not sure I saw what I thought I saw, but it appeared that the right side of Lil Kim's top malfunctioned, and that Derek was trying to help cover the problem. Wish I had it on tape so I could go back and look to see if my imagination ran away with me.

It really is difficult to choose just one right now, I agree with you all on the ones who are best so far. I think my favorite is Gilles, may be just because he is so great to look at though. LOL

summernoelle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #10 of 56

I would think some of it would be Denise's personality. She is not very likeable...I hate to be positive with Holly, though, seeing what she does for a living. icon_wink.gif

Oh well!

susanmm23 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 56

regarding steve-o i am not a huge fan of his hated that stupid show jacka$$ i refuse to watch it at all. how ever it has been said that while making the other show he was constantly high on who knows what. however he has gone to rehab and is clean and sober now i think they said for about a year. so im sure if he had been clean and sober he might not have walked away from all those stupid things he did in the past.

Melissa is totally my favorite then shawn

KellBell22 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:44am
post #12 of 56

I'm so glad someone started a thread for DWTS. I have to admit I'm hooked. I think Melissa will go far, she seems to be the most talented so far. I love Steve W...I know he can't dance worth crap, but I love to see how happy he gets doing it. Must be the sappy side of me coming out. icon_razz.gif I was a big watcher of Girls Next Door, and Holly is my second favorite, but good lord she can't dance worth a damn. I was really surprised to see Denise go first, she really improved with the dance off. But I guess there's just more fans of naked dancing bunnies than ex wives of Charlie Sheen. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #13 of 56

I caught just a part of a news story that Holly had gone to get checked out for an injury of some sort. Anybody else hear anything about it?

Deb_ Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #14 of 56

Wow, another injury........what a tough season.

The rodeo guy (Jewel's hubby) improved a lot this week, he was definitely smooth.

I'm actually surprised that Holly girl isn't a better dancer, you would have thought that she had done some strip club act at one point in her colored career.
I agree about Denise, I think that's how I would look out there. It was like Max was dragging her around the floor. He's a tough one, I'd be intimidated by him for sure.

It'll be interesting to see who goes this week, it could be one of a number of them. I'm thinking this is one of the weakest line-ups so far. I really don't have a favorite yet either.

KellBell22 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #15 of 56

I think I heard that Holly cracked a rib? I don't honestly think she'll be voted through too much longer though for it to be that big of a deal.

veejaytx Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:21am
post #16 of 56

Well, another Monday, another show! Seems like all the good ones were good, the not so good were not so good. Shawn did well, but I agree she needed more dancing, less gymnastics. At this point, I'm not too sure that Gille can be beaten, so it should be interesting to see if Melissa can pull herself up to beat him.

Anybody want to make odds on who leaves? My vote for leaving goes to Holly and SteveO. I think Steve W's fans will keep him around one more week.

summernoelle Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:39am
post #17 of 56

Holly was horrible. When she was sitting on the bench and pointing her toe in circles on the ground, my DH just started laughing. My money is on her.

KellBell22 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:33am
post #18 of 56

I'm gonna have to say the same bottom two leaving as veejay said. I'm pretty sure that Steve W has a big fan base that's amused by him (I have to admit he does remind me of a big ol teddy bear) I really liked David Alan Grier's performance as well. For being the first to do the Lindy Hop he did a fabulous job.

Ohara Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:48am
post #19 of 56

I'm in complete agreement. I think Steve W will stay and Holly and Steve O will be gone. I get the impression that Holly isn't that easy to work with. Not my favorite.

Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:51pm
post #20 of 56

I agree.......Steve O and Holly. I think Holly is just not able to comprehend or remember the instruction that he gives her. Airhead maybe?

Does anyone know why they are eliminating 2 people tonight, I must have missed the explanation?

veejaytx Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #21 of 56

I think the double elimination may have something to do with their time schedule, which got messed up that first week when two had to drop out of the show and they had to skip one elimination.

The show cuts back to an hour and a half next Monday. That is the only thing I can think of that might have changed it.

Yes, I would agree, Holly just doesn't look like she is much fun to work with.

saramachen Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:44pm
post #22 of 56

I actually would like to see Steve W and Holly go tonight. I know steve w has the fan base but its almost annoying to watch.

My fav's are Shawn Johnson, Gilles (whatever his last name is) and Lil' kim. Lil kim hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread and shes really good.

Melissa is very good too... but I would hardly call her star. I realize she was a last minute fill in but....

veejaytx Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #23 of 56

Well, at least a small surprise tonight when Steve W left instead of SteveO. Oh, well, maybe next week!

veejaytx Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm
post #24 of 56

Everybody ready for DWTS tonight? I'm ready for it. Did you see Julianne won best new entertainer of the year on the Country Music Awards show last night.

That dress that Carrie Underwood looked pretty, the dress itself at least, but that train or whatever it was supposed to be was way too much. Didn't look to me like she would be able to walk anywhere in it, not too practical.

I do love the costumes on DWTS, but boy, sometimes they sure don't cover a lot!

tracycakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:21pm
post #25 of 56

Gilles and Cheryl were HOT again last night! thumbs_up.gif I've never seen the Pasa like that before. Wow! I think it's time for SteveO to go. Their dance was cute but as the bad ones go, he's next in line.

We always tape shows and then watch them. So we let DWTS get about 45 minutes ahead and start watching. Hubby thought he would be funny and FF through Gilles and Cheryl's routine. I just glared at him so he quickly went back to the start of their routine. Gilles is definitely my favorite. I usually pull for a female but Gilles looks and moves like a dancer. I like Melissa but just haven't got a 'connection' with her yet.

veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:54pm
post #26 of 56

Wow, was Gilles hot! I thought he was going to do the whole dance without a shirt...but sadly, he put on the jacket! The dance was really great, he definitely has all the right moves. I guess some people just have that naturally, and he is also my favorite to win.

I like Melissa too, and she seems to be a natural as well, but at this point she isn't as good as Gilles. My next choice would be between Shawn and Lil Kim. Shawn just seems so very young and innocent, it has been hard to identify her with the sexy costumes and dances. Of course, Lil Kim is pretty much the opposite of Shawn, but she is a very good dancer. I talked with one person who has refused to watch the show because she didn't want to risk having to look at Lil Kim's crotch (explaining that she shows that off quite a bit) but so far, no crotch shots. LOL

Yes, it is time for SteveO to go, this just isn't his "thing" to do, and then probably Ty, and I will hate to see him leave. Ty is a little like Shawn, he is so sweet, quiet and reserved, he has done a great job and getting better each week, but I can't see him winning the trophy. I don't know much about Jewel, but they sure do seem to be well matched as a couple.

Chuck and Juliane have been a little bit of a disappointment, but as they said, they have been spread a little thin, especially this past week. They are a very busy couple. How about Juliane, winning new entertainer of the year at the Country Music Awards!

Looking forward to the show tonight and the dance off!

veejaytx Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:32am
post #27 of 56

Well, that was a surprise, and I almost feel let down since I thought SteveO would be leaving. That fan base thing very definitely makes a big difference.

I think those bottom three were pretty well evenly matched, so it could have gone either way.

What did you all think about those men dancers and their skirts?

Ohara Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:37am
post #28 of 56

When the men came out in the skirts, I kept trying to see if they were just full pants. Very artistic! I was wowed with they tossed the man from one group to another and he landed on his feet. icon_eek.gif I had to replay it for my DH, even he liked it. icon_wink.gif
Was a little surprised with the bottom 2....but I guess it's time that some of these people are gone. I liked David, but he obviously wasn't going to win it.

veejaytx Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:38am
post #29 of 56

The skirts looked and moved like silk, bet that felt good against all that bare skin! They were very good at landing on their feet!

Yes, I liked David too, but he was not in the same class as the top group. It sort of upsets me that the fan base can make such a difference, but I guess that is the only way to do it.

Looking at it that way, and considering that probably a large majority of the voting public are women, Gilles may have it all wrapped up. LOL

ceshell Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #30 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Looking at it that way, and considering that probably a large majority of the voting public are women, Gilles may have it all wrapped up. LOL

I sure hope so! I could just lick the screen every time he is on, and not just because he's hot but because he is an AWESOME dancer. He is doing a good job of maintaining a humble personality (which is either real or very smart strategy lol) and I like that he's kind of an underdog too. I mean, when they first announced him, I was like: OK, the naked guy from SATC...a "star"?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. But he is totally becoming a star before our eyes.

Oh, and did I mention: Image

I liked how hard DAG was trying to improve, but he was being a little too whiny for my taste and I am sure that did not help his fan votes. He (and a few others) sometimes acted like "I don't understand why the judges are always picking on me," and I think, well, it's because your dancing isn't that great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%