Listed Ka Speeds

Decorating By GenGen Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm by GenGen

GenGen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 6

my KA is aobut 14 years oldish.. i forget exactly when i got it. i have long lost the book to my mixer, lost it in the move 7 years ago along with the manual to my sewing machine!! irony right?! lol

course i know the first speed is low and the last one is high lol but can anyone give me the listed speeds as in the books by the number?

this has kinda been bugging me for a while and i finaly decided to take the plunge, take the chance at looking like an idiot (hey i have experience! lol) and asking what your book says speed 2 is speed 3 etc.. i like to KNOW for sure which Medium speed i'm really on! the one i have Been using for medium is hmm 4 i think, two notches past the stir (low) speed...

thanks for taking pitty on this batter covered gal lol

Gail

5 replies
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 6

You're in luck, I just got my new KA yesterday (woohoo!)

stir
2 slow mixing
4 mixing, beating
6 beating, creaming
8 fast beating, whipping
10 fast whipping

there's additional info for each speed that gives the reccomendation for what speed to use for what, but if your looking for a medium, that would be 4

GenGen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:51am
post #3 of 6

ah thanks. been using speed 4 as my "medium" speed anyways just by the feel and visual observance on each speed. i need to find or get a new book for this thing..

GenGen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:52am
post #4 of 6

oh and congrats! i put the bug in hubby's ear again today but know it wont come to fruit till much later *sigh* just gotta keep hoping

luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:01am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

ah thanks. been using speed 4 as my "medium" speed anyways just by the feel and visual observance on each speed. i need to find or get a new book for this thing..

you're welcome. I knew you probably were already using the "proper" setting, since you've been using one for so long. I'm just proud of myself for actually looking at the manual. I never do.

Thanks! I am soooo ecstatic! I lost my last KA in a custody battle with the ex icon_lol.gif

GenGen Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 6

ack how dare he take the ka!! did you get visitation rights?(sorry just kiddinglol) i just went off the speed4 by judging from the top and low speed. wanted to make sure i was using the right one heh, i get picky like that now and then

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%