Collette Peters Mr. Sticky Cake Instructions?

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 2:38am by chilz822

chilz822 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 5

Fellow CC's...

Does anyone have the instructions (preferably visuals) from her 'Cakes To Dream On' book? I'm unsure how to carve the body and what cakes to start it out with, but I'm fascinated with this cake for some reason! I PM'd the creator of the one below, but no reply yet...

Any help would be appreciated!

4 replies
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 5

I may have the book but I'm at work right now. I can look tonight and let you know. Send me an email so I can reply to you with it.

chilz822 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Tiggy!

artscallion Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:22am
post #4 of 5

The cake is a 9x13" rectangle, 2" high. Cut the cake in half horizontally, add filling and put cake back together. Next, cut the cake in 1/2 lenghtwise so that you have 2 cakes that measure 4 1/2" x 13" and 2" high.

Attach one segment to a foam core board shaped like the top view of the chameleon. Add filling and top with the other segment. Now carve to match the shape of the board and the profile. The legs, feet, tongue and tail are all made separately out of gum paste with skewers inserted when they're made so they can be easily inserted into the cake. The cake is only the head and main body. Carve the mouth open, but not too much or it may cave in.

Hope this helps. I have the book if you have more questions.

chilz822 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

Thank you both so much for the time and trouble! Wonderful!
I think I got it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%