How Do I Get Her Excited?

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 12:43am by jlynnw

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:42am
post #1 of 7

Don't know if I'm putting this in the right place.

I want to enter the Oklahoma show. I suck, but I want to do it. I love the seasons category Off to the Races.

They want hats! I love hats!

I can think of Carmen Miranda, all the old 30/40's movies and of course Ascot in "My Fair Lady".

When we moved from Florida to Texas, my father informed me he threw out 40 of my hats.

I will need my best friend and her support.

I will also need your support as well to teach me how I'm supposed to do a hat with the brim lifted as KV wants.

I also don't get the rules.

I started Wilton 5 yrs ago. I have maybe 2 certs. I have taken all the classes a couple of times. The 2 I still need are 1 & 2 , just can't get either of them right! My roses are always lopsided as well.

So am I an adult beginner or adult advanced?

I did take a gumpaste class years ago. Didn't have a clue. Learned a whole lot.

Sorry I'm always this verbose.

6 replies
tjrobin31 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #2 of 7

I can't help you with the rules or ideas for your hat, sorry,
just wanted to say good luck with your competition!!!

cakesdivine Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 7

Wow MaryAnn, your doing the OK show! Awesome! Good luck, you are braver than I!

Naturepixie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 7

Good Luck in the OK show. You are very brave. Sorry, I can't help with the rules but I'm sure some of these other great peeps would be glad to help you out.

xstitcher Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:14am
post #5 of 7

I'm not sure either as I've never been to a show nor do I have enough experience with cakes yet but what I would do is contact them directly and get the info you need. I don't know if they disqualify cakes for any reason or not but I wouldn't want to put in all the work/effort to make the cake and then have it disqualified.

Good luck with the show!
thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Anntee Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #6 of 7

If you're going to try a hat, I'd make it the one Aretha Franklin sported at the inauguration in January. It looks to be somewhat easy.

As for the rules, most shows have them available beforehand. You may find them online if you Google.

Good luck and be sure to post a picture!

jlynnw Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #7 of 7

Ok show is so worth it! I entered last year for the first time. I place in one entry. I left with so much swag and encouragment, I can't wait for this year. You can call KV or LB and ask them. They will explain and talk you thru it. I can't wait to try again this year. I have one entry ready and hope to enter several more. They have the website oksugarartist.com that you can look up everything on. Go for it! I haven't picked a hat and thought of doing Ms. Franklin's hat but thought everyone would do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%