My Vacation --- To Gsa!!!!!

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:22pm by MissRobin

auntmamie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #1 of 23

So, I went on vacation last weekend. My boyfriend and I went on a romantic vacation in Lake Placid, NY. But, we had to make a stop first. At G.S.A.!

I was so excited, that I forgot my shopping list at home in my rush to get out of the house and to the store! It was amazing, after we found it. (I had to call for directions). Once I was in there, I got approached by (I think) all of the workers, and they were amazing. If I ever move to Plattsburgh, I want to work there. They are so nice, and laughed with me when they found out I was in dreamland, and on vacation!

Thank you, G.S.A., for a great start to my vacation!

22 replies
nannie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 23

I didn't know there was an actual store (just thought it was an warehouse)

I bet you were like a kid in a candy shop icon_eek.gif

arsing1 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 23

Oooooo fun! I wanna go!

klat7292 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 23

They ARE so nice!! I just recently had an order from them that an item was incorrect on...I called them up and they IMMEDIATELY sent the right product and on top of that told me to go ahead and keep the wrong product...(I ordered Raspberry flavoring and they sent me Strawberry)...they are AWESOME!! I order just about all of what I need from them!! thumbs_up.gif

Rosie2 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 23

Yikes, it'd be very dangeours for me to find them!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

LetThereBeCake07 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 23

where in PA are they??? I have relatives there!!!

gerripje Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 23

I know I'll be planning our next vacation to hit all the cities in the U.S. that have the nice big supply stores!! For some reason, my family doesn't think that would be all that exciting.... go figure, I guess they're just weird!!icon_wink.gif

artscallion Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerripje

I know I'll be planning our next vacation to hit all the cities in the U.S. that have the nice big supply stores!! For some reason, my family doesn't think that would be all that exciting.... go figure, I guess they're just weird!!icon_wink.gif

We did a food vacation last year. We went to Vermont and visited King Arthur Flour, Cabot Cheese, Ben & Jerry, Green Mountain Coffee, a maple sugar shack and Baldwin Extracts. It was almost as exciting as the year before's visit to the potato museum on Prince Edward Island. icon_wink.gif

agagnier Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 23

Hey sugarnspice. I remember you! I was coming around the corner from the shipping room and got to meet you. I was the one that you told you had to stop in on your way to lake placid. I just want to say it was very nice to meet you. Hope to see ya again sometime.

Cak3mama Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm
post #10 of 23

Wow that had to be cool... I would be broke if I ever visited !! LOL

toleshed Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:14am
post #11 of 23

sugarnspice1981
Can I ask a stupid question? What is GSA? I don't do cakes, only cookies. I'm about 3 hours away from you, in Albany, NY. Sounds like a very interesting place.
My cookie business is also "Sugar and Spice Gifts". icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:42am
post #12 of 23

haha
Well, sounds like a road trip coming up.

peg818 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:02pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

haha
Well, sounds like a road trip coming up.

It is worth the road trip, but i suggest you first visit their web site to make a list, i get so overwhelmed when i have visited there before. And i know i am going to be visiting again soon, since my son plans to attend Plattsburgh State in the fall. Gotta love a kid that picks a school that is next store to a dream cake supply shop. icon_biggrin.gif

toleshed Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:16pm
post #14 of 23

Oh I have been to the website many times. I don't think it ever really occurred to me where they are located tho. Thanks so much. I will certainly have a list with me.

aviendha Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #15 of 23

I live about a mile from GSA.

I may as well just have my paycheck sent straight to them icon_redface.gif

I try so hard to be good... I even write a list... it just doesn't work. Every time I walk through their doors, I see a million things that I absolutely have to have! icon_wink.gif

Rosie2 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviendha

I live about a mile from .

I may as well just have my paycheck sent straight to them icon_redface.gif

I try so hard to be good... I even write a list... it just doesn't work. Every time I walk through their doors, I see a million things that I absolutely have to have! icon_wink.gif

OMG, you live a mile from GSA, yikesssss!!! how do you NOT spend you life there??? icon_smile.gif
God knows why I live far from them...I know I'd be spending my whole paycheck there he,he icon_redface.gif better yet...I'd probably get a job with them LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I really don't have a good bakery supply where I live...I have to order most of my stuff on-line icon_sad.gif

Rosie2 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:48pm
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by agagnier

Hey sugarnspice. I remember you! I was coming around the corner from the shipping room and got to meet you. I was the one that you told you had to stop in on your way to lake placid. I just want to say it was very nice to meet you. Hope to see ya again sometime.

Wow Agagnier, and you actually work in GSA??!! thumbs_up.gif you don't know how jelous I am icon_biggrin.gif...if I work there my paycheck would actually never get to my pocket, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

agagnier Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:58pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:

Wow Agagnier, and you actually work in ??!! thumbs_up.gif you don't know how jelous I am icon_biggrin.gif...if I work there my paycheck would actually never get to my pocket, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yes I do. I love it too. I'm one of the 2 people that actually packs the orders that everyone places. Hope to see some of you guys there sometime. (stop in the shipping dept. and say hi if your in the area). I'm sure I have probably talked to a few of you on the phone also.
hope to see you soon.

Bijoudelanuit Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #19 of 23

Could you give us a physical address and the store hours for GSA? If you're open on Saturdays it could be a fun day trip! Thanks!

agagnier Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

Could you give us a physical address and the store hours for ? If you're open on Saturdays it could be a fun day trip! Thanks!

Here is a link to the directions for the store. http://www.globalsugarart.com/?id=36
We are open from 9am-5pm eastern time Monday-Friday

I hope this helps

Rosie2 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:49am
post #21 of 23
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

Could you give us a physical address and the store hours for ? If you're open on Saturdays it could be a fun day trip! Thanks!

Here is a link to the directions for the store. http://www.globalsugarart.com/?id=36
We are open from 9am-5pm eastern time Monday-Friday

I hope this helps

Thank you very much Agagnier! if I ever go to NY I will make sure I book a hotel near GSA icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I will just make sure to have extra $$ in my pocket icon_smile.gif

momvarden Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:53pm
post #22 of 23

I grew up in pburgh, born there too. I now live in va. I am coming home on vacation at the end of june through 8th of july. I am going to go there to get my supplies. YAAAAAAAA. i am saving all of my cake money to shop....have to purchase fondant and gum paste so i don't have to pay for shipping. I can't wait.

MissRobin Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #23 of 23

GSA is fantastic and the customer service is out of this world. They are always so willing to help and so nice, can't imagine how fun it would be to work there!! Thanks GSA!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%