Pricing With Repeat Customer??

Decorating By blucy Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm by blucy

blucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blucy Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I have a repeat customer asking for a cake for their sons 2nd birthday. I did the 1st birthday cake. I have a minimum price for my business and I even went down $25 for her. Last year she ordered three cakes from me all regular price. This year when I gave her my quote for the cake, she said it was more than they wanted to spend, even though she knew my min. price. Do I come back with another price or let it stand. I love that she came back for her son's 2nd birthday I just dont know about the pricing..?? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks!

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I wouldn't lower my price if someone said "it's more then I want to spend", but what I would do is offer to work within their budget.

For example: If the original request had fondant sculptures or a lot of intricate work, I would offer a "simpler" design that they may be able to afford.

As indydebi has said many times "not everyone can AFFORD our cakes" and that's OK.

I'd ask her what her budget is and then offer an alternate design that fits that budget.

Good luck!
Deb

blucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blucy Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks I will try that icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%