Why Don't My Cupcake Liners Stick!!!

Baking By SweetAsLemmons Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 12:01am by newmansmom2004

SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 3

I have baked a bunch of cupcakes and noticed that as they cool, some of the liners just get loose and pull away from the cupcakes? Could it be the recipe, or the brand of liners? I dont know, but it is very frustrating.
HELP! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
Helena-Rossouw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helena-Rossouw Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 3

hmm.. I have the same problem.. I think it is if you bake them for too long.. it helps if I take them out of the oven just a bit sooner.. I have read about other people spraying their liners with Spray and Cook I think you call it Pams abroad?

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:01am
post #3 of 3

I've baked thousands of cupcakes and only just last week did I have this problem of the liners not sticking. I made the King Arthur Flour White Cake (on the recommendation of MANY who'd made it) but I made cupcakes instead of a cake. I pulled them out of the oven and the papers had already started to pull away from the cake. As they cooled, ALL of them pulled away. Not only that but they were like little gut bombs. No flavor, flat on top, hardly any rise and they were just YUCK! I checked my baking soda and powder for expiration dates and they were fine and every other batch of cupcakes I've made since then have risen just fine. I totally don't get this.

I do sometimes have difficulty getting a nice dome as well and I've found that each recipe does have its own nuances; some rise, some don't. I'm not quite sure how to remedy this other than using a box mix and doctoring but I'd like a good light chocolate cupcake recipe (like a German chocolate) that rises and gets a nice dome. I made the recipe from the Baker's sweet chocolate package and the flavor was awesome, but they ended up flat as a pancake on top with a holey/spongy kind of top. Weird.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%